Chapter 5

Harold and George arrive to the cliff and Mr. Krupp is not too far behind. Harold runs to the edge and tried to pull Ariel up, but can't. Ariel falls and screams. Harold starts hyperventilating as Mr. Krupp runs up. George snaps his fingers before he sees anything. The ole principal begins to take off his pants and shirt. George sees Ariel and points to her.

"Captain Underpants, you have to save that girl!"

"No fear! I will save her!! Tra-la-laaaaa!!" He jumps down after her and throws her back up and George catches her bridal style.

"Thanks George."

"Welcome."

A big thump is heard. The three run to the edge and Harold had stopped hyperventilating. Captain Underpants was not moving. Ariel runs down the steps she had seen while she was walking over here earilier. Harold sees and gets nervous.

"George, what if she finds out if he's her dad?"

"We just have to pray that she won't get mad."

Ariel comes back up with Captain Underpants and he sits down. She takes a closer look at him and realizes something. Her eyes widen and she is shocked.

"Dad?!"

"Who is your dad little girl?"

Ariel backs up a bit in fear. Her dad doesn't remember her anymore. She starts to hyperventilate and drops to the ground. Harold goes by her and comforts her. George got a bucket of water and poured it on him just as Angelina walked up. She had found his clothes and helped him to her car.

"Ariel don't move and stay here. I'll be right back." She said taking Mr. Krupp home.

Ariel stopped hyperventilating and pushed Harold off of her. "What happened?!?! You two were up here. Tell me!!!" She said like her dad would.

Harold gulped nervously, "About that....."

George gulped too, "We had turned him into a comic superhero and hypnotized him before we met you and got to know you."

Ariel has started walking away until Harold put his hand on her shoulder, "Ariel...."

Ariel pushed his hand off, "Leave me alone!!! You guys didn't tell me because you wanted to keep secrets from me!!! If you really my friends, you would've told me!!"

Harold started tearing up and so did George. "We're so sorry Ariel. We aren't kidding."

"Stop it!!! Leave me alone!! I never want to see you two ever again!!" She yelled as she ran to Angelina's car. She was super mad and sad right now, she was crying.

Harold fell to his knees crying. "What have we done?"

"I think we lost our only friend.... that's what we did."

George saw his friend crying and tried to comfort him. Harold covered his face crying.

"Hey man. You'll be fine. She'll come around."

"What if she doesn't. If she doesn't I'll never get to tell her how I feel about her." Harold cried.

George gasped a little, "But Harold you're-"

"Gay? I am, but when I met and got to know Ariel I started liking her. Eventually I gained a crush on her."

He started walking back to his house. George followed him and went home too. Harold was different though. He didn't do anything fun. No pranking, not comics, and not even jokes. He was so depressed that he had lost his friend/crush.

The next day when they went to school Harold actually paid attention and so did George. George didn't like doing pranks alone and he knew Harold was too sad to do it so he sat still. The teachers thought something was wrong with themselves because of this. Ariel was the only one who didn't notice this. She was with Melvin.

"Ariel are you all right?"

"Yeah."

"You seem depressed and angry......... Was it because of George and Harold?"

Ariel reared up and nodded. Melvin went over to comfort her and she hugged him back. "Don't worry Ariel. I'll teach those two a lesson." He said this with all seriousness. He never wanted them to touch her again. "You'll always have me."

Ariel smiled and thought. 'Yeah. Maybe I don't need Harold. I think I'll be fine with Melvin.' And Melvin was loving this. He had never wanted to leave her again.