Part 1

(DISCLAMER - THIS BOOK MENTIONS SELF HARM AND CURSING AND IM BRITISH SO CORRECT ME ON ANY MISTAKES)

"Baby Brother! Get up!" Garroth called from the doorway, flicking Zane blinds open, illuminating the dark messy room. Socks and pants were thrown near draws and the laundry basket was toppled over by the door.
"Mom said you have to clean your room after school. It's smells like dog sh-" Garroth waffed his hand over his nose and rolled his eyes.
"Yeah, yeah, GET OUT!" Zane shouted from his cosy bed, hugging his pillow. Garroth pulled a side frown and closed the door, his loud foot steps cascading down the hallway. Zane pulled himself out of bed and stood in front of the mirror. He was in only boxers and he didn't have a mask on. Piling his clothes up, he walked to the bathroom and locked the door, having a steamy shower to wake himself up and to wash the sweat off himself. Climbing out of the shower, he got dressed into his Phoenix Drop High school uniform and made his hair somewhat presentable. His mom would probably mess with it anyway. Zane picked up his mask and walked down the wooden stairs, his feet sliding against the clean surface. 
"Hey Zu~Zu! Pancakes?" Zane mother - Zianna - called from behind the counter. Zane made some sort of a grumble to say yes and Zianna sang along to her Beyoncé cd that was playing above the cutting board. Packing his bag, Zane ate a pancake and got his shoes on. Garroth finally came down after, his hair neatly pushed into a side quiff and his uniform nice and straight. Zane sorted out his fringe and then went to put his mask on, being interrupted by Zianna.
"Zu~Zu, do you really need to cover those beautiful freckles of yours?" Zianna hummed, passing Garroth a pancake which he gladly accepted and thanked her after.
"Yes mother." Zane bit the inside of his cheek as he slid his mask on. He threw on his backpack and waited for Garroth, plugging in his earphones and listening to some music.
They walked in silence to school, the birds tweeting and the cold spring breeze dancing along their skin. Zane shivered and hugged himself, walking slightly faster as he wanted to get to school quicker. Well, school was a living hell for Zane. Garroth and Vlyad - Zanes younger brother - didn't even know about the bullying. He didn't want to speak out to anyone; what if it got worse? Zanes moment of thoughts were crushed as he was elbowed in the ribs.
"Ow, what?" Zane winced and growled, rubbing his side.
"Were at school, you okay to go?" Garroth reassured his little brother.
"Yes Garroth, I'm not a three year old." Zane shooed Garroth off and rushed into school. The only person who really wanted to get to know Zane was Aphmau. Aphmau was a sweet girl with black hair and aubern brown eyes. She was really short - like Zane, and to be honest, she got a lot of boys. Quickly thinking of a place to go, Zane rushed towards the library. There he could write. Write his heart away like he always did. Zane liked keeping his thoughts on paper and writing songs so he has a diary. Well, it's more of a journal. Colliding into someone, Zane tumbled to the ground and yelped, hitting his nose off the floor. He could already feel and taste the metal liquid taste as he got up to see who he knocked over. It was Dante, and he was pissed.