Part 9

Zane opened his eyes slowly and yawned, stretching up to the ceiling. Turning his alarm clock off and swinging his legs off his bed for his feet to touch the floor, Zane remembered about yesterday. He couldn't help but feel guilty and sad about lying but glad, as he didn't like Travis anymore.
"Zane..?" Vlyad popped his head around the corner to Zane and he nodded, watching his younger brother shuffle into the room.
"I need some help.." he bit his lip, sitting down next to Zane.
"What did you do?" Zane rolled his eyes and looked through his closet for fresh clothes.
"I uh.. joined a gang in school and they're pressuring me to smoke.. if I leave they will beat me up.." Vlyad put his head in his hands and Zanes eyes widened.
"I would just avoid them all day and find a new group, but don't be on your own. I will pick you up from school if it's that bad?" Zane offered and Vlyad shook his head.
"It's fine. Thanks for the advice!" He smiled and hugged his brother,  leaving the room. Zane shook his head and walked to the bathroom with fresh clothes, taking a quick shower and changing into his clothes. Luckily, it was the last day of school so he got to wear his own clothes and had a half day. Brushing through his messy hair, Zane threw his mask on and went downstairs for breakfast. Surprisingly, his mother wasn't there so Zane grabbed a breakfast bar tucked behind the fresh boxes and left for school. Zane took in the fresh air and walked to school, seeing Travis across the road, smiling at his phone. Then, Zane got a message.
GamerSinner21: hey, Zayn.