24

"We're not—"

Jungkook was cut off by loud knocks on the door. Jimin stood up then opened the door, seeing Taehyung standing angrily while crossed arms.

"Taehyung what the—"

Taehyung pushed Jimin aside then pulled me close to him. Jungkook stood upwhile glaring at Taehyung.

"Dude, don't pull her like that. She's hurt." Jungkook said, trying to calm himself.

"Don't say what I have to do. Choyeon, let's go." Taehyung stated then tries to pull me out but I didn't move so he glared at me.

"I'm staying here. Go back to the house and continue planning your wedding with Kireum!" I yelled.

"Shut up and let's go!" He pulled me out of the house then harshly pushed me in the passenger's seat and closed the door loudly. He gets in the car and started to drive.

"What the hell are you doing in there?"

"I'm the one who have to ask you that. What are you doing in there?" I rolled my eyes while repeating his question.

"Following you. Because I don't trust that guy!"

"Why do you care? You're just my brother, right? You don't love me you say. You love Kireum you say! You fooled me you say! You acted it all you say! You—"

I was cut off because he suddenly stopped the car. It hurts, actually.

He intensely stared at me. My heart skips a beat and I'm frozen. I want to look away but I can't. It's like something stops me from doing so.

"You... don't understand."

"You're right... I don't." I said then get out of his car and slammed the car door.

I started walking but he keeps following me by driving his car, leveling my speed.

"Get in the car." I scoffed, ignoring him.

"Byun Choyeon get in the car." His voice raised a little so I think he's losing his temper. Psh. Whatever. Follow me if he wants but I will never get in his car.

"If you don't get in, I'll make you get in here."

"Eef yu dun get in, I'll meyk yu geth in hir. Nye nye nye nye." I imitated him but It's just a whisper.

I heard a loud bang on the car then someone carry me on his shoulder. It's Taehyung, obviously.

"Put me down!" I command while hitting his back but he ignored me.

"I'll just walk, carrying you like this." Taehyung stated, and for now, I'm sure he's smirking.

"Put me down, you pervert!"

"Stop struggling or I'll throw you." I rolled my eyes then hit his back again.

"Aigoo. We can't go home if you keep being like this."

"I'm not going home! I'm staying at Jimin's house."

"Boy's house? No."

"You're not my dad to decide where I'm staying."

"But I'm your brother." I rolled my eyes when he said that. Brother my butt.

"STEPbrother." I corrected. He spank my butt but it doesn't hurt. But still, it's my butt!

"Yah! Pervert!" I hissed. I heard him chuckle then starts to walk. He's seriously going to walk, carrying me this way!?

It's quiet awkward while he was walking. Oh my... What if I'm heavy? I eat too much these last few days and I'm sure he's just ignoring the pain.

"Put me down." I said calmly.

"No." Everytime I said that he keeps saying 'no'. But then I speak out of blue.

"Why?"

"Hm?" I gulped then continue.

"Why did you say those things? Is it true? That... You don't love me?" It took minutes of silence before he answered.

"Yes." I laughed while my tears are flowing. I'm wiping my tears lots of times but it don't stop.

"So... You just played my feelings?" He didn't answer that one. Instead, he just stand, still carrying me on his shoulder.

"Come on! Tell me. Tell me all of the damn lies you told and promised. So that I'll carry all of the pain now! Right here! Right now!" I yelled. We're at the front of the park and it's sunset so no one's around.

He puts me down and stares at me for a moment before answering.

"I... I played your feelings... To avenge my mom..." My eyebrows met, confused.

"What do you mean?"

"Your mom... killed my mom to marry dad." My eyes widened in shock. I thought it's just a car accident... But it's a murder... And my mom was the one who's responsible to that?

"You have got to be kidding me."

"Your mom marry my dad because he's rich. And I'm so mad at her. That's why... I planned to make you fall for me and broke your heart. Kireum was with me. And... your friends knew about this..." His voice was sad. And I know he's really hurt. That's her mother... But why me? Of all people...

Why me?