six

Chapter Six: New Look

The honey blonde was peacefully sleeping, but it rapidly ended as she felt something poking her forehead. She groaned refusing to open her eyes, but she knew she had to get up or else this endless pecking would never stop. She opened her eyes and saw the bird chirp happily as she scolded at him.

But, being obedient as he is, he continued to peck until the senior had gotten out of her bed. "Come on, " She mumbled as the parakeet looked at her and flew back to the kitchen.

Serena couldn't help as she looked at her bed, and saw Fen. She does sleep a lot for a dog, she mumbled. As, she got up and ran to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

After her shower, she was occupied as she looked at her mirror, seeing she was wrapped in a red towel. Her long hair was currently all tangled up, getting her quickly annoyed. Lately thoughts have been crawling into her mind. She had thought about cutting it short and she might even do that for her graduation.

An idea sprung to her as she continued to look for scissors, it's now or never, she thought to herself grabbing the shear and cutting her hair to her liking.

After exiting the bathroom, she knew her mother would freak, but it's just hair. It would grow back in a few months. Being unbothered she went inside her to bedroom change into a pink dress. She felt her phone vibrate and it was a message from Ash. "Picking you up at 4."

She smiled looking fondly at her device until she got interrupted by her mother. "Serena! Did you cut your hair?!" She looked alarmed.

She gave a toothy smile. "Um, yes. I think it looks cute."

"It does," Grace, her mother said as she observed her daughter. "Are you hungry? Or are you experiencing a crisis?"

Trying to change the subject, Serena looked at the time realizing it was past noon"Did I really overslept..."she sweatdropped as her mom giggled.

"Oh yeah, big time." She said as she walked out of the room.

Fen yawned grabbing her owner's attention. She too woke up from her nap and was now waiting to be brushed. Serena took notice and sat beside her while brushing her soft fur. It was a routine that the two had and did daily.

Fen barked softly confused at the sudden change of appearance from her owner.

"Do you like it?" Serena questioned touching the short strands, "I wanted to go shorter this time,"

•   •   •   •   •    •   •
"SERENA!" Grace shouted. Serena looked at the time realizing that Ash arrived. She looked at herself in the mirror one last time before heading downstairs.

"Mom, your free to leave now," Serena mumbled receiving an eye roll from her mother.

"Fine." She mumbled walking away.

Serena propped the door open revealing ash, "Hi Ash," She greeted with a smile.

His mouth dropped surprised that she had cut her hair, "Your hair? You actually cut it?" He questioned in disbelief.

The honey blonde nodded as she spun around to show the full change, "I think it looks cute,"

"It does," he agreed before motioning her to head out, "I also see you changed your style a bit," He pointed out.

"Yeah, I figured new hair new style," Serena explained, "Where are we going anyways?"  She questioned as he grabbed her hand and led her out.

"You'll see," He said,

Ash drove to a station but turned inside a parking garage hoping to take the train instead. It was much easier using the train then dealing with transportation.

The two walked in and went passed the bar as the alarm went off on Ash. He looked confused as a man approached the two, "Congrats, You are our one millionth person," He cheered handing him a box.

Ash accepted the box and led Serena onto the train, "That was random," he commented.

"How come we are using the train station?"

"Easier than dealing with traffic," He shrugged, "I want us to go to the center of Lumiose City," He informed her leading her the way.

The two walked until the sight of a cafe popped into their views. "Let's go here." He said.

The guy working there took notice of the raven-haired and approached him, "Ash! I thought today was your day off?" He questioned.

The honey blonde remained quiet as she looked at the guy in uniform she couldn't help but think that he looked familiar. "It is, but I'm brought my date here." He said.

His date? She thought. Her stomach dropped immediately upon hearing that. He never called it a date but shes not going to complain.

The guy straighten up, "Well, I'm Calem your waiter," He motioned the two follow.

"Calem?" Serena said shocked. "Calem Xavier?" She asked as the boy nodded his head. Ash, looked between the two and noticed he was interested. "Aren't you son of Grace's sister?"She questioned.

"Well, if we are talking about Grace the horse rider, then yes." He confirmed as he gave a smile.

"It's me, Serena Yvonne, Grace's daughter." She exclaimed causing her to squeal. His eyes widen;

"Oh my," He said,"Are you serious?" He cut out his polish spoken accent. "Dude, my mom has been trying to contact your mom!"

Serena chuckled embarrassed, "My mom is so old fashion. And, she's been busy with her horse riding classes." She said, as Calem took out a paper. He wrote a couple digits.

"Here, Cuz" He handed her the paper. "Give it to your mom." He said as he walked away to get us drinks.

"You guys are cousins? " Ash questioned, confused.

"Yeah, how do you know him?" She decided to question him.

"Because, my mom owns this restaurant." He sweatdropped as Serena looked at the menu. It had 'Ketchum's' as the title. She laughed nervously trying to avoid the embarrassment just now.

Calem came back with drinks and plates. "We didn't order yet..." She said confused.

"It's on the house, according to Delia, and it's Ash' s favorite dish." He winked as he gestured at the cooking room.

Ash felt embarrassed of his mom and Calem. "Alright." He said, as he began to eat his dish.

Serena, on the other hand, looked at the delicious plate in front of her. Grabbing hold of the fork, her mouth melted as the food made contact with her taste buds. "Your mom makes delicious food." She commented continuing to eat the dish.

"Why, thank you." The two heard causing Serena to jump and Ash sulk in his seat. "I'm Delia Ketchum," a women with brown hair took her hand out, She shook it as she gave a smile. "I sell the best Kanto food here." She winked.

"Mom!"

"Shush, you may be 18 but I'm still your mother." She retorted as she began to talk about Ash.
He rolled his eyes noticing that his mom took over the conversation.
•   •   •   •   •   •

"I'm sorry about my mom." Ash laughed nervously as he was walking Serena to the door.

She shook her head, "It's okay, it was nice actually meeting her," She explained, "My mom is the same way as you already know,"

Ash nodded in agreement, "Well, I'm glad you had fun,"

"Thank you for this date," She teased remembering that he called it one earlier. He looked away shy but she took the chance to give him a kiss on his cheek.

"It has to be on the lips," He stated pointing to his lips.

Serena rolled her eyes before planting a small but sweet kiss on him before heading inside.
A/n
For the late update, I had some things going on today that I didn't think will change my life. But, it will be sorted out next week.

-Rc