eight

Chapter eight: Ask her out

If anybody walks in Ash's room, they would probably think he's a crazy cat person. As currently he is having a conversation with a yellow fuzzball.

"So, I should ask her out?" He asked Pikachu.

Pikachu nuzzled on his chest as they both were currently laying down on the couch. "Meow" was all that came out.

"So, that's a yes?" Ash lifted a brow, waiting for another response. But, instead Pikachu got off and walked away. "I'm going to talk to an actual human." He mumbled under his breath as he exited the door, knowing he had to go work.

Entering his car, Ash drove to the city where his mom was currently waiting for him. Seeing, that she is strict when it comes to her restaurant, even if it had just opened recently.

The raven haired boy entered the small restaurant, his mom has done some redecorating giving it a Kanto vibe, which is what she probably is going for.

"I can't believe your dating my cousin." He heard a voice, scaring him as he looked back only to come the realization that it was his co-worker Calum.

Ash felt his cheeks heat up at the mention of the two dating, he have never would of guess that Serena and him would get together especially when they had faded. "We aren't dating." He said, answering back. He gave Ash this look as he wasn't convinced, accusing him of lying. "Okay," Ash began as his eyebrows raised up at his sudden burst. "I may or may not be thinking about asking her out." The poor boy admitted.

"I say, go for it." He said, walking back to the counter. Ash followed him interested, as he was in fact her cousin.

"You are serious?" Ash asked meanwhile he was currently grabbing a couple trays.

Calum nodded, leaning his arms on the counter. "I don't see why not, plus Serena likes you." He said a little bit louder for me to hear as he placed the food on tables for the customer to enjoy. Ash walked back to him, surprised.

"You sure she likes me?" He asked as he once again nodded. He motioned Ash to sit while he placed the desserts on the display.

"You seem like a good guy," He stated as he finished cutting a few slices of cake. "By the way, she texted me that shes coming by in a couple mintues."

Hearing that made him feel nervous, especially since he was in a waiter uniform that his mom forces them to wear. He had a small feeling she would come. They didn't get to see each other at school, he had some things that needed to be taken care off so he spent his time in the library.

Ash heard the bell on the door ring, he pretend to not notice it and continue to serve the other customers.

Calem went ahead and seated two girls. He knew Serena was one of them as her short honey blonde was very noticeable.

Calem returned with their order and went back to the table to have a small chat with them. Ash felt his eyes narrowed as more customers were waited to be seated. He went over and grabbed Calem, he gave a smile to Serena in which she giggled.

Calem pulled away and went to attend those customers. Ash looked back to see an older women with Serena. She was waiting for an introduction, Ash greeted the women, remembering that it was Serena's mother.

"I like the style of the restaurant." She said as her eyes were scanning the rooms.

"Thanks," Ash said as he excused himself and headed off to bring food to other customers.

At every chance he got, he sneaked a glance at her table. The two were currently waiting for their food.

He went over to Calem, he handed him the tray and placed a cake. "Tell them it's on the house, as they are my family and she's your girlfriend." Calem winked.

He looked down to avoid his cheeks heating up from the term he labeled them. Ash went over to their table, and settle down their plates. "The cake is from us." He said. "It's a new kind that my mom has recently made." Ash stated.

"Yup, it's basically mixes that I tend to do for most of my desserts." He heard a familiar women. It was his mom, as she came up to the table, Serena stood up to give her a greeting hug. "I'm Ash' s mom, and owner of this restaurant," She extended her hand out to Grace.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Grace, Serena's mom." The two women began to discuss a few things while his mom had ordered him to continue serving. Ash felt his eyes narrow and heard a slight giggle from a certain girl.

"Why don't you take a break mom, Serena can help me." He gave a devilish smile.

Her mom spoke on behalf of his offer. "That would be great, Serena sure can use a small experience." Grace smiled as she told Serena to get up.

Serena glared at him, as she was thankful her food was already eaten. "Come on, we got a spare uniform." Ash chuckled grabbing her arm into the back room.

He saw Calem roll his eyes and began to do Ash's job as he whispered something but he didn't quite catch it.

Serena came out of the bathroom. "I look ridiculous in this." She whined as his eyes looked at her.

She was wearing a formal button up top and a black skirt. She had an apron tied around her waist. "You look good." He said.

"Do I really have to wear this?" She questioned trying to hide her face with her hands.

Ash scratched the back of my head. "Probably not, but looks like you are going to be here for a couple hours." He said as he motioned her back to their mothers, who currently were laughing. "Besides, I'm dressed up." Ash said as he motioned his body.

Serena began to walk away. "What exactly am I supposed to do?" She questioned.

"Just take orders, since Calum is over there seating people." He said as he gave her a note pad.

She took the notepad and went over to a couple that Calem had just seated. "Can't believe you made her wear a waitress outfit." Ash heard causing him to spin around. "Thought you guys were going to take awhile." He smirked causing Ash to roll his eyes.

It had been closing time, and Delia had closed the restaurant while Grace left a while ago but told Serena to stay and help out. "Serena, you're welcome to work here anytime you want." My mom said to her.

Serena looked at Ash and his mom. Ash responded with a shrug and walked over to Calum.

"Sure," Serena smiled at Ash's mother. "I should get going," she excused herself.

"Don't worry, Ash can take you home." The boy heard his name, he looked over at his mother as she waited for him to give Serena a ride home.

Ash walked past her, and told Serena to follow him. "You plan to work here?" Ash asked curious.

"I can use the extra money." She shrugged as he opened the door for her to enter. "By the way, your mom gave me the outfit." She sweatdropped.

He chuckled, as he began to drive her back to her neighborhood. The whole ride he spent debating if he should ask her out. It's a perfect time to, they were both alone.

Ash walked her to her door. She turned around and gave him a peck on hips lips. "Serena?" Ash began causing her to look at him.

"Yeah?"

"I been wondering," He stammered, and looked down. "These past days, I have gotten feelings for you. And, I was wondering if you would go out with me." He said, unsure of her answer. Serena looked at him surprised, "This was a bad idea." He mumbled. He began to walk but was stopped by her grabbing his arms.

"Ash," They made eye contact, for a long time. They both were looking into each other's soul, she closed her eyes as he did too.

Thier lips touched once more, but passionately as they moved in sync. Ash grabbed her close to him but with both his hands holding her cheeks. He asked for an entrance in which she granted, but the two heard the door open.

Ash quickly pulled her away, as it was Grace. "I thought I heard a car pull up." She said looking at the two teenagers.

Serena and Ash both looked embarrassed as her mother had just seen them make out. "Goodnight Serena and Grace." Ash said, shaking her hand and giving Serena a quick kiss on her cheek.