twenty-three

"Mom?" The honey blonde said as she left her room. It was an was the weekend, and it had been very quiet this morning. Giving her an unease feeling.

She walked downstairs and headed into the kitchen. A yellow note was on the table. Serena grabbed it as she began to read out loud. "Sorry, I had to leave for a trip, I'll be back soon!"

The honey blonde stared at the note as she crumbled it. Upset that her mother left, when the important day of her life was four days away.

She sighed as she recalled Ash's words. How he said her mother was sad that her daughter was getting older. But, Serena knew it was a lie.

Her dog jumped onto her arms, trying to distract her. "Let's go for a walk..." Serena said as Fen jumped off and followed her owner to the door.

Grabbing the leash, Serena knew Fen didn't like the outdoors. Her fear of being dirty but she needed something to distract her.

And, Fen knew that too, as she for once decided to go to the outdoors. The two ended up at the closest park in the neighborhood. Serena scooped up Fen as she was debating, as all dogs were there. Smelling each other, and she wasn't a fan of that. "This is a bad idea," Serena mumbled as she was ready to leave.

"Serena? What are you doing here?" She heard as she turned around to see Ash with Clemont.

Her eyes widen as she really wasn't in the mood to see anyone. "Walk." She replied, as Ash looked at her cautiously.

"I'll drop by later," he said to her as Serena shook her head.

She set down Fen, "No, you don't have to". She said as gave a wave and began to leave.

The raven haired boy looked back at his best friend as he responded with a shrug. "I'm going to see if she's alright." He said as Clemont nodded.

Ash walked over to her house, which wasn't far since she lives close to the park. He was worried for her since he cares deeply for her.

The past twenty-two days have ment so much and he didn't think that could be possible.

He reached her door, but knowing how stubborn she could be. He hoped there was a key somewhere, he lifted the rug revealing a sliver key in which he grinned as he turned the knob.

He closed the door as he saw Fen looking upstairs, She had a sad look in her eyes. "Fen?" Ash called out as the dog looked over at the raven-haired.

She barked as she motion Ash to follow her. He ran up the stairs, to see Serena's door was closed. He took a deep breath, "Serena?" He called out.

He heard silence, he called her name once more. He took a deep sigh as he looked over to his side. "If you don't open, I will climb up from your window."

The door opened, "Ash, what are you doing here." She said as she moved.

Ash took a lasting look at Serena, seeing if she had been crying; but nothing. "I wanted to check up on you." He admitted as Serena allowed him inside.

She sat down on her bed as she laid back. "I'm fine, I was upset but I decided to not care anymore. I'm leaving in four days, so it won't matter."

I decided to join her, "Your mom got into an argument with you?" He questioned.

"No, She went on a trip." Serena huffed as she looked up at Ash.

Ash then remembered what he can do. Recalling from yesterday, he got Serena in his arms and held her. He felt her head move under his chin, but that was a sign that she allowed her tears to escape from her beautiful blue eyes.

A/n

No kiss this chapter, didn't feel right.