Two

Rachel's POV
Today camp begins. I'm looking forward to playing again just not seeing her again. It'll give me time to realise all of my anger. Dad's driving me over to field now.

"Play your best kid. Your mother and I are incredibly proud of you."
"Thanks dad. There's no need to collect me. I've got to go see uncle Theo for a while."
"Alright kid. Good luck and try your hardest."
"I will. I love you."
"Love you too."

I hopped out of the car and walked to the boot. I opened it and grabbed my gear bag. I closed it again and walked towards the field. I waved to dad and walked in the gate. I took off my sunglasses and walked towards the girls.

"Well if it isn't miss California."
"Hi Em."
"Hey Rach. Long time no see."

I hugged her and the rest of the girls. The trainers were all talking in the middle of the field with Jill.

"What's Jill Ellis doing here?"
"Uh, I don't know."
"Oh my god. Its Carli Lloyd and Becky Sauerbrunn."

I looked towards where all the girls were looking. Carli saw me and smiled and walked towards us. All the girls began freaking out and I chuckled. I stood up and walked towards her and hugged her.

"It's good to see you again Rachel."
"You too Carl."
"Rachel this Becky. Becky this is Rachel. The one Alex can't stop talking about."
"Ah yes. I've heard a lot about you. It's nice to finally meet you."
"You too. I better get back to getting ready. Are you staying until after?"
"I think so yeah. We'll talk then."
"Of course."

I walked back to the girls and they all looked at me in shock.

"Close your mouths. Don't want you swallowing any flies."

I put on my cleats and tied up the laces. I walked away from them and towards the balls. I kicked one up towards me and I did a few tricks. I saw Emilia walking towards me so I passed her the ball.

"Am, how do you know Carli and Becky?"
"Ah, it's a long story. I'll explain later."
"You better."

The trainers blew the whistle and we all jogged in towards him.

"Well ladies, it's been a while. It's good to see y'all again. So as you can see we've got a few of the women's team here today. They're going to with their positions and teach you some new things. I expect you all on your best performance. Now go split up to your positions. Forwards with Miss Morgan and Miss Press, mid with Miss Lloyd and Miss Heath and backs with Miss Sauerbrunn and Miss Johnston. Let's go."

I internally groaned as I followed the rest of the forwards towards Alex and Christen. I wasn't really close with the rest of the forwards so I didn't have anyone to talk to.

"So girls we're just going to be doing shooting drills today. We'll pull you over one by one to tell you if your doing anything wrong. Right, let's go."

We all lined up and began taking shots. We took steps back every few shots and Alex or Christen pulled one girl away each time and show them something. We decided to have an aiming contest from outside the 18. Alex tied a jumper into the top corners and you have three tried to try hit them. Everyone lined up and I went to the back of the line.

I stretched as the girls took their shots. They're all right legged and I'm a leftie so I was by myself in the left side. After about twenty minutes it was my turn. Everyone was looking at me. I heard some of the whisper and I turned to see everyone looking at me. Coach was speaking with Jill as she looked at me. I looked at Alex and she gave me a thumbs up.

I set three balls down along the 18. I stepped up to the first one and took five steps back and looked at the jumper. I looked at the ball and back at the jumper to focus. I stepped forward and ran to the ball and kicked it. I did the exact same thing with the other two. I hit all three of them in the top corner and the last one took the jumper with it. Everyone clapped and the girls ran towards me and patted my back.