Four

Rachel's POV
Practice went well. I got to know the rest of the girls and they're great. They're all heading back to the hotel now. Jason isn't picking up his phone. Ass. The diner isn't far from here so I'll just walk. I took off my cleats and put them into my bag and put on my runners. I tied my laces and stood up and put my bag on my back. I just made it to the exit of the field when I heard my name being called. I turned to see Tobin, Alex and Christen making their way towards me.

"Hey, where you headed?"
"My uncles diner and then home."
"Alone?"
"It's not that far."
"Yeah. No. Not happening. Let's go."
"You don't have to."
"In case you haven't noticed, you're still a minor kid. You'll be stuck with us for a while."

I chuckled slightly at them and we started our walk to the diner. Alex and Tobin were a few feet ahead of Christen and I.

"Can I ask you something?"
"Sure."
"Do you regret it?"
"Regret what?"

She looked towards me with a confused expression. I turned from her looked right ahead towards Tobin and Alex and saw them running. I looked back at Christen.

"Giving me up. Do you regret it?"
"Rach-"

My phone started ringing and I groaned. I pulled it out to see it was aunt M. I answered it and brought my phone to my ear.

Me; Hey aunt M, what's up?
Aunt M; Where are you kid? Like right now?
Me; About a block north away from the diner. Why? What's wrong?
Aunt M; I'm on my way. Stay where you are. Don't move.

She hung up before I could reply and I looked at my phone weirdly. Alex and Tobin were back by our sides seeing as we stopped.

"What's wrong?"
"I don't know. That my aunt. She's coming for me here."
"Oh. What happened?"
"I don't know."

We stay put for a few minutes and then a car came flying towards us. Aunt M parked right in front of us and jumped out of the car. She ran at me and pulled me into a hug.

"Thank god you're okay."
"Why wouldn't I be?"
"It's a long story. Come on, we really need to get out of here."
"But-"
"Rach now is not the time to ask questions. Christen I think you might want to come for this as well. You're more than welcome to too."

All of us jumped into the car. Tobin got into the driver's seat. She didn't want aunt M to drive so instead she gave Tobin instructions on where to go. Christen and Alex were on either side of me in the back. Christen took my hand in hers and squeezed it, not looking away from the window. I leaned my head on her shoulder and instantly fell at peace. Knowing I had my mom with me.

Within five minutes we were outside the diner and there was police cars everywhere. My grip immediately tightened on Christens hand and she looked at me frowning.

"I left you once. I promise I won't leave your side again."

I nodded at her and she smiled slightly. She leaned forward and kissed my forehead. We all got out of the car and ran into the diner. Police were everywhere. Three of them were holding back a man. I saw Christen tense in behind me and I looked at her. I saw fear flash through her eyes but then hatred taking over. She looked at me and frowned.

"That's him isn't it? That's my father?"
"I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry."

She walked towards me but I took a few steps back. I looked around the room and saw them all looking at me weirdly. Only Christen knew why I was backing away from her. I looked at the man and he was smirking at me. I walked towards him and stopped right in front of him.

"Well didn't you turn out just like your mother."
"You sick, sick man. You should be locked away for what you've done."
"Please. I would get released within hours. Being a drug lord has its perks."
"How did you find me?"
"Oh kid. I've know where you were all your life. Caleb and your parents have such a huge help."
"My parents? Caleb?"
"Oh yes dear. They are my most trustworthy servants."