Thirteen

Rachel's POV
Mom and Alex both smiled at me and stepped towards me. I moved into the middle of the bed and motioned for them to sit on either side of me, and they did. I leaned against Alex and looked at mom as she ran her fingers through my hair.

"How're you feeling?"
"Better."
"Good."
"Did you win?"
"You only woke up and the first thing you ask is if we won?"
"Well at least you know I'm you daughter."
"Yes. We won. 2-1."
"Yay."

The door opened and all the girls walked in smiling. Mom got off the bed but Alex stayed put. I sat up a bit to hug them and then they all sat around the room and talked to one another. Once I sat back Alex had her arms around me again in a second. I smiled and put my hands on top of hers and leaned further into her embrace.

For most of the day doctors were in and out of the room unhooking me from different machines and doing check ups. Alex was by my side the entire time holding my hand while mom was filling out forms. Most of the girls had gone back to the house by the evening and I finally got mom and Alex to go home too for some rest so Carli is staying with me.

We're watching the Washington Spirit and NC Courage game. It was nearly halftime and Carli had to go to the bathroom so she left. I sat on my bed staring at the wall while the adds played. The door opened and I turned my head to see Ash there closing the door behind her. I smiled as she stepped further in and stood next to me and hugged me. I let go and she sat on the chair next to the bed and made herself comfortable.

"How's the game going?"
"Courage are dominating. No surprise there. Mewis is doing really well and Mal is being Mal and trying to score goals"

Ash chuckled and turned to look at the game again. I looked at her as she watched the game and it made me think about how lucky I am. I've got an amazing family and I've got mom. There's nothing else I could possibly want. Carli walked in and smiled when she saw Ash. She walked over and sat on the empty chair and we watched the remaining of the game. I reached across to get my phone and turned it on. It took a few seconds but I put in my passcode and went into messages and went into Ali's.

To Kriegss🙈;
Do you have a minute?

I pressed send and was just about to close my phone when it showed that she was typing. I smiled and shook my head at how fast she was.

From Kriegss🙈;
For you, definitely. What's up buttercup? How're you feeling?

To Kriegss🙈;
I'm fine. I just need a bit of advice. About my sexuality.

From Kriegss🙈;
Okay. What would you like to know? Anything specific?

To Kriegss🙈;
How do I know?

"Well that's it folks. 2-0 to the Courage tonight here in Washington. They really like to prove as to why they are at the top of the league this season. That's all from here in Washington. See y'all for next weekend's game in Orlando. Goodnight."

I look up at the screen and saw all the girls laughing together. I closed my phone and put it back on the table. Carli and Ashlyn were on their phones. I looked at all the wires along my body. I could see I was only attached to an IV and there was four different ones taped onto my chest. I had a heart monitor thing on my finger which I just realised as to why it felt so heavy. I felt a pain shoot through my chest and it took everything in me not to scream so I held my breath and shut my eyes tight that I could see fuzziness. It was becoming unbearable so I breathed out uncomfortably and opened my eyes.