Seven

Christen's POV
It's been great having Rachel around. She lights up everyone's moods. Especially now in the locker room. She's laughing away with Crystal, Mal, Pinoe and Jules. Everyone else is in their zone. I looked at Rach and saw looking at Hope. She excused herself from the girls and walked over to her. Hope hasn't been herself since the flight here and everyone knows it. She isn't opening up to Carli and we're all worried. Everyone is looking at Hope and Rachel now.

Hope's POV
I saw Rachel making her way towards me and my mood lightened. She came over and sat on my lap and smiled. I chuckled at her and held her close into me.

"Hi."
"Hey."
"You know there's free seats around the entire place and you choose to sit on my lap. May I ask why?"
"Can't a girl sit on her friends lap without being asked any questions?"
"Nope."
"I was just checking up on you to see if you're okay. We haven't talked in a while."
"Rach we talked yesterday and I was sitting with you at breakfast this morning. We talked at breakfast as well actually. How much more talking are we gonna do?"
"Not that kind of talking smart ass."
"Should've been more specific then. Wanna stay with me tonight?"
"Do well today and maybe we'll discuss it."
"So what you're saying is that I need to win you over for you to stay with me?"
"Yes that is exactly what I'm saying."

I chuckled at her. I pushed her off me and she fell to the ground. Everyone looked at me in disbelief and Cass crawled over to her and sat in her lap.

"I'll get you back. Better watch out."
"Damn Hope. She has your glare already."

We all chuckled and they went back to doing their own thing. I leaned forward and kissed the top of Rachel's head and giggled.

"Well geez, I love you too.."
"I love you Rach."
"Excuse me."

She picked Cass off her lap and ran out of the locker room. They all looked at me in confusion. I was about to stand up but the door opened and Jill walked in.

"Warm ups in ten ladies."

Rachel's POV
This is getting too much. This whole idea of mom taking me back was a mistake. Jill caught up with me before I could go far.

"What's wrong?"
"Nothing."
"Rach?"
"I can't be here. I need space for a while. I'll be back at the hotel if they ask."
"Where will you be really?"
"I saw a park on our way here. I'm going to go sit there for a while. Please don't tell them."
"Call me, and only me, if something goes wrong okay? I don't want anyone to worried."
"Yes ma'am. Thank you."

She let go and I ran. I ran out of the stadium. I ran straight to the park and ignored all the calls and messages my phone was vibrating with. I found a bench by the water and sat down. It was five in the evening so it was quiet enough. It was peaceful.

I sat for ages and just thought. Thought about my life and how much it's going to change. I don't know of it's for better or for worse.

"Peaceful, isn't it?"

I jumped and turned my head to see Lauren Holiday and Amy Rodriquez sitting beside me. They smiled at me and I looked at them in starstruck.

"At lot more than Carson. That's for sure."
"You're probably wondering how we found you huh?"
"It's just a thought, yes."
"Well we were here for the game. We were meant to surprise the girls afterwards but then Jill called. She knew something was going to happen either during or after the game so she called us."
"Full of predictions when we don't need her to be."

I chuckled at them and dropped my head. I looked at my hands and played with them. Lauren reached over and took one of them in hers and squeezed it.