TWO

I remember the day clearly when that wretched bitch came to school spewing all kinds of homophobic shit about the most popular boy in school. Connor was the top of the elite list of popularity and all cliques. He was also unique in having the smartest person in this school as his best friend. That in my book, made him a okay.

I never really pay much attention to what goes on around me unless it directly involves me in some way but I did notice the change in Ioan almost instantly once his best friend got together with Deirdre. What a monumental mistake that was. But no one could have ever guessed the depths that he was willing to go to escape his unrequited love.

While this vile creature went around the school trying to rally the troops to her cause, the only thing she really incited was the level of sadness as everyone realized that one of their own almost died of a broken heart. Sides were quickly taken and to say that the surprise I felt at seeing the entire array of different sports team support Conner and Ioan left me pretty speechless.

But the things this bitch said about Ioan were unacceptable. Having only interacted with him once or twice in an academic setting, I was able to ascertain that this beautiful man had a pure heart. That is when I went into action.

I gathered every contact I ever had and called in every favor so that we, the nerd population, could protect our own. The amount of Intel we were able to obtain on this woman was quick, awful and quite effective once I administered the devastating blow.

After spending a couple of days putting all the information all together, Deirdre never knew what hit her. I was able to show the true light on this harpy for the money hungry bitch she truly was. She was pure trash and made her sex look bad. After accessing every single electronic device within a ten mile radius, I then shared my special home video showcasing all of her exploits and transgressions.

Needless to say, she came and went quickly and was never heard from again. Good riddance! Because of my involvement in this act, I was completely thrown out of my element by the surprise visit to my locker by the three most popular boys in school.

All three of these perfect specimen of the male anatomy stood there waiting for me to arrive. Conner and Ryker are two of the most handsome boys in school but the real test for my libido was the mouthwatering Garreth with his six foot five pure muscled body. That took me by surprise the most. My body never really responded to any one until this moment.

Gathering my courage I go up to my locker and before I can get to the door to open it, Conner steps in front of it and looks directly down at me and says, "Albert I want to thank you so much for what you did for me, for Ioan." I look him right in the eye and say, "Well, we could not have her spreading lies about you two could we?" "Yeah but no one asked you to do what you did to her. You did this all on your own and because of that, I am here not only to thank you but to offer my friendship."

My eyebrows raise a bit in surprise as I try to imagine myself as a  part of the highest clique in this school. I know that looking at Conner the offer was sincere so as I nod my head in acceptance I ask, "How is Ioan doing by the way?" Seeing the radiance of his love for his man take over his face was beautiful to witness. He says, "He is doing better each day. I worry for him I just cannot help myself."

Then as if a bright light glowed on top of his head representing an idea, he says, "You know, you and he are so similar and I think it would be wonderful if you both got to know each other better. Would you like to accompany us to his house after school?"

I did not really have to put much thought to the offer, he was right, Ioan and I are very similar but unlike him, there was never any one that my heart succumbed to but then I never really tried to connect with any one. I made the decision then and there to at least try and make new friends. It was senior year after all and my path in life was already set.

"I would love to come over but I will be at the local college so I probably will not be at Ioan's house for a while." Looking really shocked Conner says, "College? Really? Well that is not a problem. One of us can pick you up just let me know the time your last class finishes."

I say laughing a bit, "Yes, college and I appreciate the offer. My last class should be done by two thirty. If you give me your phone number, I will text you the details and see you then okay." With a genuine smile on his face, he says, "Absolutely okay!"

I give a quick look over at his two friends and he says, "Forgive me. My manners are terrible. This is Ryker and this big creature to your right is my best friend Garreth." I nod my head in acknowledgement and each of them in turn respond the same.

"Well, let me let you get to class and we will see you later. Thanks again okay!" With an honest smile on my face I say, "Anytime. Anytime!" Then as they go to leave, I open my locker to get what I need for my next class and as I slowly close the door, I spy out of the corner of my eye, Garreth turning his head quickly away from me as if he were staring at me the whole time.

That cannot be right. Just because Conner is gay does not mean that all the jocks in this school are suddenly gay as well. It is my mind playing tricks on me now that after eighteen years, my body has decided to take an interest in any one let alone the second most influential boy in this school.

I shake my head in disbelief at the very thought. I take one last quick glance at the perfectly sculpted behind of such a visually pleasing man. I take a deep sigh in and get myself back into the right headspace. I have a long day ahead of me and wait, wait. Did I just agree to hang out with the most popular boys in this school?

Now all of my nerves are frayed at the mere thought of interacting with any of them. What the hell was I thinking? I was not, that is what the problem was. I was distracted by a beautiful set of dark eyes surrounded by the most chiseled face I have ever laid my eyes on.

Okay this has to stop. I cannot be interested in this jock. I will not be tempted by his looks. I am a better person than this. I am! As I keep running these thoughts in my mind, I know that deep down inside, I am pretty much screwed.