EPILOGUE -PART TWO

Garreth's POV -

"Dude, what the hell.  You look like you are going to be sick!"  I hear Ryker say like I already do not know that.  I just want this day to be over.  I want to hold my baby in my arms forever.  I have been away from him for a day and it is killing me.  Since we graduated from high school, we have never spent a day apart.

"Do not listen to him.  You are about to tie yourself to the man that has held you heart for so many years now.  This is the last step and then your life will be complete."  Conner, my best man, says with a genuine happy smile on his face.

We see the priest come over and say, "Gentleman, places please."  Okay!  I need to breath before I make myself pass out and I am pretty sure that would be bad since my mother has put so much of herself into planning the perfect day for me and Albert, she would truly kill me if I ruined it by fainting.

I hear the music begin and zero my focus in on the lavish back door that will bring my love to me.  The wedding ceremony and reception will be held on the exuberant and vast grounds of this castle.  His father will be walking down the aisle with him and no protest would change his mind so Albert finally gave in.

As I see the most important person in my life come into view, he completely takes my breath away.  It has always been this way for me from the first moment I laid eyes on him.  As the music plays in the background and he gets closer and closer to me, I become more calm with each of his steps.

My beauty finally stops before me and the smile on his face rivals the sun shining in the sky currently.  Albert's father turns to me and says, "It is hard to handle the concept of your child being anything but normal.  Albert certainly never was that but gay was a worry for me until the day I met you.  If I had to choose the person my only child spent the rest of his life with, I could have never found a better choice than you.  Take care of my baby boy and welcome to our family."

Oh God,  I feel tears streak quickly down my cheeks as my soon to be father in law embraces me in a heart felt hug.  I look over at my love and he is trying hard not to fall apart but his cheeks are shining with his tears.

The ceremony begins and the priest gets to the part where it is time to say our vows.  I have to go first and I really do not know if I can.  My stomach is imitating a roller coaster ride.   Then I start to think about my baby and our years together and instantly I calm as each memory takes over.

"When ever I think of how to describe my feelings for you, Elizabeth Barrett Browning's poem sums it up quite nicely:

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

I love thee to the depth and breadth and height.

My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight

For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.

I love thee to the level of everyday's

Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light

I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;

I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.

I love thee with a passion put to us

In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.

I love thee with a love I seemed to lose

With my lost saints, — I love thee with the breath,

Smiles, tears, of all my life! — and, if God choose,

I shall but love thee better after death."

Oh God my love is hysterical crying.  I have never seen Albert lose his composure like he has right now.  I reach my hand up and tilt his head up to meet my gaze.  Whatever he sees there is enough to have him take a deep breath and try to compose himself.

Thank Ioan for providing him with a handkerchief to try and dry his face with.  Once he puts himself together a bit, Albert looks up at me and the smile he graces me with says it all.  Clearing his throat he says, "In my attempt to find the right words to convey what you mean to me, I came across this poem and like you my love, it just felt right:

My Promise To You by: Emily Thurston

I promise to always lift you up

When you are feeling down

I promise to wipe your tears

When you feel you need to cry

I promise to keep you smiling

To show off that beautiful smile you have

I promise to be your strength

Whenever you fall weak

I promise to be your voice,

When you can't find the words

I promise to be your eyes

When you cannot see

I promise to be your ears 

When you cannot hear

I promise to always tell you what's real 

When you want to hear the truth

I promise to be your dream catcher

To chase away you're every fear

I promise to be your smile 

When you're frowning

I promise to always cheer you up

When you are down and blue

I promise to give you faith

When you are feeling insecure

I promise to keep you sturdy

When you are feeling unsafe

I promise to listen

When you need to talk

I promise to tell you no lies

Just what is true

I promise to always lend you my shoulder

For when you need to cry

I promise to always hold you

When you need someone

I promise to always care for you

Wherever you are I promise to always be there

I promise to never hurt you and never break your heart

I can't promise you the world

I can't promise you the sky

I can't promise you that we will never fight

I can't promise you that I will never cry

But I can promise you that I will always be true to you

And baby I promise that I will always love you more than anything with all my heart, no matter what happens or what we go through, baby I'll love you until the end of time!

Ill be your guardian angel

That's my promise to you!!"

Then as if he cannot help himself, he throws himself at me and I hold on to him for dear life as we just cry our tears of happiness.  Then we hear the priest say, "Well, with that I believe you may now kiss your husband!"

You do not have to tell me twice as I take my love's lips with mine and the crowd goes wild.  Once we both come up for air, the look of pure love and devotion shining in Albert's eyes shows me he is completely certain of us as a couple and that is the only look I plan on seeing on him for the rest of our lives...