EPILOGUE -PART ONE

Five years later...

"You know Ioan not everyone in this world can have the perfect relationship that you and your husband have." "Stop making excuses.", He says to me.  This man who after all of these years is still my most trusted of friends and the person who will be standing next to me as I tie myself completely to my one true love.

"I am just stating a fact. You and Conner have set the bar way too high for us mere mortals to even try and compete." "Yet, you are the one marrying your soulmate on this day!" I blush with embarrassment after all this time.  Our love has never wavered and if anything just keeps getting stronger and stronger every day.

If you can imagine it, we are in Ireland in Luttrellstown Castle Resort in Dublin that his family rented for the week to conduct the wedding festivities.  The wedding party is housed there and the wedding ceremony and the rehearsal dinner will take place there as well.

It is very exclusive, and shows the wealth of the family I am about to marry into but I resigned myself a long time ago to never make it about the the money that Garreth is worth.  Our love is pure and true and everyone knows it.  

As I look at my reflection in the mirrored wall of this dressing room we are getting ready in, I think back to our graduation day.  The day that Garreth changed my life forever...

We are here in this big hall getting ready to start the graduation festivities.  Our families are already in the auditorium waiting to see us graduate.  My parents are so excited and completely proud of me as the valedictorian of our graduating class.  They are also exceedingly proud of the fact that I have completed enough part time college credits over the past three years to be an entering Junior come this fall to the ever prestigious MIT.

True to his word and with his family's wealth and influence, my lovely husband to be got himself into Harvard so we will be living together in a house his father got not just for us but for Conner and Ioan as well since they will also be attending Harvard as well.  I am sort of relieved about that since Ioan is pretty much the brother I never had and I rely on his opinion in pretty much all things social.  

I have to say that I was shocked to find my parents, especially my father, so accommodating of my living arrangements with the guys.  Garreth and my father even had a private conversation not just two weeks ago and my curiosity has eaten away at me since both of them are tight lipped.

Now as our principle approaches the whole lot of us, we prepare to line up as the graduation ceremony is about to start.   Ahead of the entire class and right behind the faculty, are myself as the valedictorian and the class president.

The procession begins and after about twenty minutes, everyone is seated and I am staring at my classmates from the stage waiting for our sometimes long winded principle to finish his speech.

Thinking on my future with my man caused me to tune out the rest of the proceedings until my name was called out again apparently causing me to blush in embarrassment as I was clearly caught day dreaming as my class mates laugh a little.

Clearing my throat as I gather myself and my thoughts, I head to the podium to provide my words of wisdom as the valedictorian.  "Welcome everyone.  My speech will not be long as history has shown.  Sometimes, just a few sentences can sum up what you need in life to truly achieve happiness."

I look out at the crowd for my family, friends and my true love and smile.  "In the beginning, some would say I was not approachable."  The crowd laughs at my joke.  "I was always certain of who I was and what role I was meant to play in life.  That much has always been obvious. Then, this past year, a young and broken boy, much like myself, changed everything and it is because of this person that I am the changed man you see today and I can never thank him enough."  Ioan is crying as I look directly at him as these words leave my mouth.

"I look at the life I have had and the life I have yet to live and I think I have found the meaning to a good life which I hope all of you will take to heart.  Family, friends and true love are the most important things in life.  Without them, you just live but with them, you have the potential to life life to the fullest."

The crowd begins to cheer and I have no clue as to why because I have not quite finished my speech but before I can really focus on my surroundings, I see movement to the side of me and all of my breath is expelled from my lungs as I hold onto the podium for dear life.

Kneeling before me is the man of my dreams who is holding a little blue box that can only hold one item inside of it.  I cannot take my eyes off of him as the crowd and my classmates finally die down and all you can hear is a pin drop in the auditorium.

Then as if on cue, our smiling principle brings a microphone over to my man and he says, "I wrote this the moment I first laid eyes on you and I want to share it with you now...

I was always certain of who I was and what role I was meant to play in my life.
I was always certain of the journey I would take and any hills I would have to climb.

I was always certain that nothing would stop me or get in my way.
I was always certain that being alone, at the top is where I would stay.

I became uncertain the first time I laid my eyes upon him.
I became uncertain that knowing who he was, my outlook looked dim.

I became less uncertain once he showed me his true soul.
For I am certain now that he was always meant to be my life's end goal.

What I am uncertain of Albert is how you want to spend the rest of your life with me.  For me, well it is forever in wedded bliss so I kneel before you praying that you will agree to be my husband.  Will you marry me?"

I cannot help to control the emotions running rampant inside of me.  The tears have freely fallen so I give him the only answer I could ever give, "Yes, absolutely YES!"  I scream out as he gets back on both of his feet and wraps me in his arms and kisses me to within an inch of my life.

When we finally pull apart, I can hear the crowd around us going wild and with that I say, "Congratulations graduates!"  Hats fly around haphazardly everywhere in the joyous chaos that has ensued.

After that, everything else was pretty much a blur as my fiance places his ring on my finger.

"Albert would you snap out of it already."  I hear Ioan say as my parents chuckle in the background.  Giving him a sheepish look I say, "I am sorry.  I kind of zoned out for a bit."  With a shining smile on his face my father comes over to me and says, "I bet I know what you were thinking about."

 I try to control the deep blush that takes over my whole face as my father says, "Aha!  I knew it.  You were thinking of the proposal were you not?"  Before I could respond, the wedding planner comes in and says, "It is time.  I need everyone in their respective places."

As my nerves begin to show, I feel Ioan come up beside me and say, "Calm down.  You are about to marry your one and only.  Let us hurry because if we delay, knowing Garreth, he will come looking for you himself."

Everyone laughs as that is so true.  I take one last perusal of myself and say, "Let's go!"