Chapter 1

"The snow glows white in the forest tonight, not a drop of blood to be seen. The Earth's mightiest heroes, and Tony's a drag queen."

"Alex, stop singing that goddamn song or I will throw you off the truck."

"He stomps his feet like the child he is inside. Can't keep his tantrums at bay, heaven knows Pepper tried." Alessandra only sung louder, popping in and out of the truck to avoid Tony's swipes at her.

"Take it back!"

"Focus, you're only proving her point." Natsha scolded, recieving a thankful grin from Alex, whose momentary loss in concentration resulted in Tony finally making contact and shoving her backwards. She shrieked, falling off the moving truck and landing in the snow.

Natasha raised her hand up, making Tony throw his arms up in a surrender gesture until she pressed the comms device on her ear, "Captain, we have to stop."

"Why? What's Stark done now?"

"Why does he assume it's me." Tony mouthed at Natasha, making her roll her eyes as she replied,

"He pushed Alex off the truck."

Steve sighed.

"I thought she would teleport before she hit the ground." protested Tony, actually speaking to Steve this time.

"That's not the point. We know we're a team, but we have to prove that to the outside world. We have to show we're unified, because if we're not, we lose everything we've been building these past months. Stark, go get Alex."

"It doesn't seem very team-y to send me off on my own." Tony mumbled as he flew off in the direction of Alex.

Natasha waited for him to be completely gone before tapping Steve into a private call, "Alex is with you, isn't she?"

"She's already finished the thermos and dropped my shield. You're taking her and Clint as soon as we stop."

"Roger that."

<~~>

The trucks skidded to a halt as the Avengers assembled. Alex leapt out of the truck to rejoin Natasha, retriving the Fairbairn-Sykes knife from its sheath tied to her arm as she did so. She had seven different types of knives scattered over her person, two were simple army combat, but three were beautiful, handmade daggers that had been modified by Tony. The other two were a hunting knife and pocket knife that were kept in her backpack incase she got separated from the Avengers

"There are more H.Y.D.R.A trucks than anticipated, we'll need you to take down as many as you can. Me, Clint and Steve are handling ground, so call us and one of us will get to you as fast as you can. Hulk is our protection from bigger weapons and Thor is tackling the towers." Natasha never bothered to check if Alex was listening, she held too much undeserved faith in Alex for that.

"And Tony?" Clint had joined them, fiddling with his hearing aid.

"He's off looking for Alex, but Steve wants to get him inside the building when he gets back."

"Alright then," Clint tapped Alex's shoulder and signed something to her.

"What did he say?" She asked Nat, who was trying to conceal a laugh.