Chapter 7

I Get A Relationship, and You Get A Passing Grade

He jumped out with a thump.

He unlocked the Jeep's passenger seat with a loud beep as I saw the lights flash before they died down. I walked out the car, still confused and a little bit scared. Usually, when people take you to a secluded area, it's to kill you. 

We've all seen the movies. The guy tells the girl to come to a closed off location. Then she goes off to this so-called location, and she tells none of her friends or family she's going to. He drugs her, and then he brutally kills her and hides her body parts. But you know I'm just going to look on the bright side and not think that I'm being lured into my death. 

We walked out to the back of the lake house where there was a beautiful lake. I followed him out to the pier. The pier was wooden and seemed like it could go on forever until it stopped with 2 poles into the water.

Kyle sat down on the pier and patted for me to sit next to him. I sat down and took my shoes off and dangled my feet into the water.

I could feel the goosebumps from being so close to him, but I just ignored them.

My heart went straight from my heart beating out my chest, scared of my limbs being chopped up to freaking out about how close he was to me. 

The lake and forest were alive, teeming with nature. The crickets chirping, the fireflies lighting up the surface of the lake, and the beautiful stars dancing in the bright moonlight gave the lake life. 

"I used to live in here in Minnesota a few years ago, and I just moved back recently because my dad got his old job back here. I used to come here to think, you know? Clear my mind."

"Yeah, it must be nice to have a place to get away from it all." I stated, looking at the lake.

Kyle spoke, "I come to clear my mind about sports and my family. Sports are becoming a chore to do and not something I do to make me happy anymore because of my dad transferring me into the sports teams without even asking if I wanted to continue sports."

"You don't want to continue doing sports?" I asked curiously.

"No, I don't. I have only a few months here anyways." I looked at him surprisingly.

"I thought you liked playing sports. I thought jocks loved sports and being on top at our school." I said.

Anyone could think from the way they "rule" over our school that they loved it.

"It's not worth the stress." He confessed. I looked at him perplexed.

"Stress?" I looked at him a are-you-kidding look, "Jocks have stress?"

I bet like, umm which girl should I screw next? Gee, it must be hard.

"I study all day every day. I prepare for every test. School is my life. I HAVE stress. Do you know what it's like to have your life depend on numbers on papers?" I complained.

"I HAVE stress." I empathize, pointing to myself.

"I have to worry about practices, games, championships which leaves little time for academics if not none." He explained.