Chapter 3: Take Action or To Not Take Action

Hayden's POV

Seriously, I mind my own business. I had enough problems on my plate to handle. I try to keep out of others' business and in exchange, people leave me alone. I was fine with that, that was the way it has always been for me. 

No one has actually gone out of their way to help me or done anything without expecting anything in return. That's the way I grew up understanding the world. 

When I was younger, I would try to help others, show compassion in exchange for nothing but it'd always get thrown back in my face. My parents never let me forget what happens when you help someone other than yourself and for the longest time I would rebel. Then, I gave up and just took to the cynist's view.  I found solace in something unbelievable...which isn't important right now.

But when I turned the street and was about to enter the Taylor-Henshaw building and wailing woman who'd I'd previously not taken notice off clutched me, falling to her knees.

It was so abrupt that the wind was knocked out of me. It was difficult to understand what she'd been crying about but I got the gist of it and it made me upset and angry.

''T-t-t-they took o-oour m-m-money and we l-lost most of o-our s-savings to them. P-p-please help me!''

''Ma'am, ma'am you need to calm down alright? Here,'', I took out a packet of tissues I carried and handed it to her along with a few fifties that I had left, which was supposed to last me till my next pay-day- Goddamn it Hayden. I could almost feel the punishments for helping someone, causing me to shudder.

''I'll do what I can alright? I'll do something, don't worry.'' I took down her details while assuring her that I'd do something.

I guess it was time for me to risk my job. I may lose this one but at least I had the other four.

''Here you go, half-shot medium skinny caramel macchiato, less sugar, with whipped cream on the bottom and the top.'' Jane interrupted my musings with my cup of coffee.

''Right, let's go'' I said, taking my cup and marching to the lift before I stopped dead in my tracks.

''Jane? Who is Roy and why do I have his number?''

Jane flushed. ''Sorry Hayden, I spilt your cup and since i get the same thing as you, I gave you m-''

''Yeah whatever, don't let it happen again.'' I muttered continuing my march.

(After the meeting)

I have had it to here with these people. I saw the numbers and it is clear that the investors are losing confidence in the company's ability to reap profits. 

They aren't wrong, but what irked me is that the Board still expected me to sell the stability story while doing nothing at all to try and improve profitability. My specialty may not be in business, but I couldn't stand around waiting for the old chaps' (Henshaw and Taylor) company to collapse. 

Which at this rate, probably will. And with that crying woman outside expecting me to do something....Time to give these old vacationing slugs a nice wake-up call.

Heyhey!

So yeah, I've decided how Hayden is gonna meet  Bran and North. Haha yes, I'm making her meet North first! He'll be the hardest o bring about but we know how North is inside-GOOEY

Heheh, anyways guys hope y'all liked this chapter! Any ideas on cast and potential meet situations you can always let me know!

Share and Vote if you liked it! :)

Cheers

CS