Chapter 16: You're WHAT?!?

I'm so encouraged by all your votes/comments/adds/love so I'm feeling really inspired to write more~ let's uh, reach 1K! :)

Hayden's POV

When I reached home I felt as though the exhaustion from the past week slammed into me all at once. It started with the random meetings of the guys, and the North incident which led to the unfair match and attacking,

which led to the kidnapping/nursing + withdrawals;

which led to me escaping and locking my nurses up in their own house and finding out Plank betrayed me;

which then led to the dynamic trio tracking me down and me buying them breakfast too early while they slept in my Bug;

which then led to the gym eyeful, breakfast on a lap and the Kota incident.

JESUS, that was a lot of ''which then led'-s.

I decided to just crash on my lumpy mattress which, honestly, felt like heaven right now. It was barely noon. Screw sleep cycles, they didn't take into account random, unfortunate incidents happening consecutively.

(TimeSkip)

I woke up on Wednesday morning (yes, I slept for more than 12 hours) slightly past 5. I gingerly walked over to my bathroom on my tippy toes, trying to minimise the exposure my feet had to the cold floor. I took a quick 40min jog around the neighborhood, keeping an eye out for nasty people looking for trouble. When I returned, I indulged in a nice, hour-long refreshing bath and dressed in a formal looking turtleneck pullover with my thick mesh-panel leggings and ankle boots to keep the cold out.

My meeting with HLG Tech wasn't until 9am so I could afford to waste an hour or so. I decided to go to Sal's for breakfast.

I took the drive down and park my car, noticing a familiar Jeep and BMWs.

No, you're delusional Haydes.

The bell jingled as I walked in. The morning waitress, an elderly kind lady called Sandy, seated me and asked for my order.

''I'll have Sal's special with my usual sides of hash and bacon Sandy thanks. And hot chocolate for me please''

''Sure thing hun, will let Sal know you're here today!''

I smiled.

''Hayden?''

My smile dropped. Oh, come on!

I turned in my booth and saw Owen, Sean, Axel, Corey, Kota and Victor sitting behind my booth. I rolled my eyes slightly, what kind of luck is this I asked myself.

I scrutinized them and they were doing the same to me. They were all dressed in dapper, fitted suits showing off their physiques. Sean, Axel, Kota and Victor wore their shirts with the top button undone while the other 2 wore stiff looking ties that I was dying to mess up.

Victor wore his hair gelled and stiff and I didn't like the look. Since they disturbed my tranquility, I decided to mess with them a little. I stood on my knees on my seat and leaned over the partition to run my fingers through Victor's hair. He was the closest and right behind where I was sitting. His hands came up to stop me but I lightly smacked them away.

Sandy came back with my food so I just nodded at her over my shoulder while I chose my next victim.Next to Victor on the edge of the booth seat was Corey. I loosened his tie slightly, running my fingers teasingly across his chest. Hah, take that peace disturber.

Sandy came back with their platters of food and a coffee jug.

Corey made a choking noise and I smiled at the rest, raking my fingers through Owen's thick mane (he was sitting next to Victor), ''Have a good meal, boys'' I said slowly, turning back around and eating my breakfast. Yummy as always.