Part 31: United We Stand

A little chapter to get you through this weekend <3

Enjoy, loves!! :D

Hayden's POV

I woke up with a minor headache, in my bed, back in the boys' loft. Huh, must've slept through the night. My phone told me it was Sunday morning.

Seeing how I could only remember some of what had happened yesterday with Volto and Phil, I suspected that I was given a sedative of some sorts. But I didn't take much of it, so the effects were less?

I spotted a glass of iced water by my bedside and drank it gratefully, before I went to the bathroom to freshen up. I slipped on a simple shoulder bearing top and yoga pants.

I entered the living room stealthily listening to the boys argue about their plan of action

I entered the living room stealthily listening to the boys argue about their plan of action. And listening made me angry.

''Fuck! You got threatened and you didn't tell us?'' Owen yelled

Marc cowered, ''Phil's an Academy mentor! If the Academy tells me to lay off, I'm fucking laying off my suspicions on Phil! The Academy would boot me otherwise. I'm not going back to my old life, Owen!''

''Hayden got hurt because of your fear of the Academy! We can't let this keep happening. She was attacked!'' North seethed

''Honestly, she shouldn't even have fucking left the restaurant! It's almost as if she wanted to meet Volto.'' Gabriel groaned

''You're not seriously implying that she- Hayden?'' Dakota started before squeaking as he saw me.

All of them turned to me, relief and fear engulfing their expressions. I turned a stormy glare on them. ''No, please, continue. Continue discussing how I wanted to get attacked and almost raped by 2 white masked-freaks!'' I screamed. ''Fuck you and your shitty discussions!'' I pivoted and walked towards the gym. 

Rationally I knew that Gabriel hadn't meant it in a mean way, rather in fond exasperation. But the stress was getting to me and I had to get it under control.

I pulled off my top leaving me in my strapless sports bra and started punching the bag. 

About half an hour in, I turned to get a drink of water and saw Gabriel sitting in the corner with Luke and Silas. 

''Mischief,'' he said softly, looking so guilty. I sighed. 

''I know you didn't mean it like that Gabriel,'' I turned back to my bags. ''I'm too stressed to deal with this properly and I really need a good spar,'' I groaned. Someone pushed me roughly away from the punching bags. I stumbled and glared at Luke. ''What the fuck.''

''Spar with me then.'' 

''I'll hurt you, dipshit.'' I snarled

''You're weak and scared. You act strong but inside you're weak. That's why you can't fight. Can you?'' he goaded. I knew what he was doing but my control was too thin so I snapped.