Chapter 19: You Win Again

Hayden's POV

I woke up to beeping. And I knew I was in the hospital. I'd been to this place too many times to be confused by the sterile white walls, smells of disinfectant and puke, and the constant beeping.

What I wasn't used to, however, was the half dozen men scattered around the room in various states of rest.

North was on the left of my bed, head on the bed with his arms supporting him. Sean was on the other side, in similar fashion to North.

Behind North, in the co-joined sofas, was Silas, Axel, Dakota and Gabriel. Gabriel was drooling a little onto Dakota's pristine white shirt, which was slightly crumpled. I laughed a little to myself. Silas and Axel were like bookends, supporting the two. 

Looking to my left, behind Sean, I saw Brandon sleeping in an uncomfortably stiff looking chair. AW, they must've stayed overnight how sweet. But couldn't we do this in their house!

 I was a little annoyed they brought me to a hospital. Hospitals meant records, questions and investigations. Geez. I noticed North's phone lying on the bedside table. It was totally his, since it kinda had his name scrawled onto the back in personalized script.

I grabbed that and got out from under the covers. My leg hadn't been stabbed or anything so they'd left my bloody jeans on but my top was gone, replaced by a flimsy paper one. I spied Silas' jacket lying on the arm of the sofa he was on. Hm, will grab that then. 

Now, time to escape before the staff call the cops or something.

The pesky heartbeat sensor would be hard to fool so I had to move fast. I shifted up, moaning in discomfort as I tugged on some of the stitches I expected to have on my torso. Dakota shifted a little, rubbing subconsciously at the wet spot on his shirt that continued to grow bigger. 

I softly rested my hand on Sean's since he was the closest to the heartbeat sensor. Flexing my fingers to rid them of the slight stiffness, I grabbed the sensor and clamped it around Sean's index. He mumbled incoherently and shifted a little more. 

WhEw done!

I got out of bed on the lightest of feet and tip-toed to Silas's arm rest. I grabbed the jacket and shrugged it on, buttoning it. There all set. 

Hehehe I played the Pink Panther theme in my head as I crept out and softly shut the door behind me.

Ducking into an empty room, I found some disposable toothbrushes and toothpaste and washed myself up. once I was presentable I threw everything away and made it as though no-one had stepped in here. 

Once I made it out I knew i had no transport or money so I had to call a ride. 

Hm, assuming the rest are at work, who would be more likely to be free? Maybe Victor? Since only Dakota was here, so that meant Victor and Corey were there. Ugh, what if he's busy or something I whined to myself. I pulled up the group chat, which I was in and sent a message,

Me: Is anyone free to pick me uppp

The replies came flooding in

Corey: Your shift isn't up yet though, what's wrong?

Luke: How's Chip?

Marc: I'm free

Owen: I am also able to give you a lift as I am pulling out of the building carpark now

Fuck, I cursed, hiding myself around the corner. Wendigo was there, entering the lobby, waiting to go up, speaking angrily to a nurse. His 2 lackies were flanking him as the poor nurse tried to pacify him. ''She's still there'' the nurse wailed