Rain

Your point of view

The school day passed by quickly. There was nothing of interest that happened besides Deric being Deric and made a fuss during lunch some how he brought in a beach ball and magically got almost every student into a game off keeping it from touching the ground. Ah and i had a bit of home work, a 1000 word essay on a topic I had yet to pick that was due in about 2 weeks, and some math work sheets that were due tomorrow.

I decided I might as well go to the tree to get the math done so I informed Deric of where I was going. Like usual he just frowned and shook his head before shrugging. Once that was done I went to my locker and put everything that I did not need to bring home away before I headed to the park with the tree. It was a bit of a walk from the school that took about half a hour but I did not really mind.

Once I was at the park I made a B line to the tree and the spot I normally sat under the darker side of the tree. There was this little spot Inbetween two of the roots that was perfect for me to sit Inbetween, and it was more or less why I would sit where black apples grew. Once I had sat down and got everything situated I began to set to work on the math work sheets.

Nightmares point of view

Nightmare watched as once more she came to the tree. My tree.... Well mine and my brothers tree. I situated myself on the branch i normally sat on as i watched her set her stuff up and sit down before she began to do some sort of work sheet. She was the only human that came to the tree. Well the only human i really permitted to that is.

Most humans or monsters for that matter that came to the tree did it on a dare. Some would harm the tree by braking off a branch or trying to steal a apple as they tryed to bring proof that they came to the tree back with them. Of course I made sure to....punish them. It's what they get for harming the tree after all.

But for some reason this human did not do any of that instead she seemed to come more just to enjoy the company of the tree. This in itself was actually rather odd. I mean think about it, there coming to enjoy the company of a tree, a tree. A think that can not talk back or react to anything. But then again I'm no different. I did the same after all going to this tree to enjoy it's familiarly. I Enjoyed and hatted how it reminded me of the times before I ate the apples. It's not like I regretted eating the apples well I did not regret it often but it was still nice to think about the old days. Not to mention I still had to protect the tree.

I sighed and shifted my position as I watched her. I saw her pause and look around and chuckled quietly to myself. I was sure she felt as if she was being watched some days when she came here but she always came back. Perhaps she thought it was just some sort of paranoia or her imagination or something like that.

I watched as she seemed to shrug to herself before she went back to her work. I leaned back agenst the trees trunk as I watched her below me as my thoughts began to wander a bit. 'Hum....wonder what she thinks of the dreams she has each night. Actually I should be saying NIGHTMARES instead of dreams no? Oh well it's her fault after all she's the one who caught my interest.'

Your point of view

I worked on the work sheets trying to get them done as soon as possible. I knew that they were going to take awhile after all it was a big stack of them. They were suppose to last the week after all. As I worked on them I began to feel as if I was being watched. No surprise there I was in a park after all. The feeling did not really bother me much partly because I was use to it by now and partly because I knew I was more or less safe by the tree. After all I was really the only one crazy enough to go by it so I just shrugged the feeling off and set to work.

About 4 hours passed and I was finally done. I sighed in relief as I packed my things and put on my back pack. I stood up and glanced at the sky noticing how dark it was. The gray clouds that were quickly gathering making it look even darker. I sighed knowing I still had to stop at a store to grab some food and silently hoped I would get home before the rain fell. I patted the trunk of the tree twice in a sort of good bye before I headed off to the nearest store. Once there I grabbed what food and items I knew I needed before I paid for them and left the store. Groaning loudly when I stepped out into the rain.