A Chat

Your point of view

I watched him as I waited for a Answer. He seemed to be frozen as he thought. 'You would think I asked him the hardest question in the world the way he's behaving.' I thought as i watched him. I began to sit myself up. " you don't have to awnn ow!"

I yelped a bit in surprise when I was pushed back down. I looked at nightmare to see him look rather angry. " I swear if you try to get up again I will tie you down to the bed."

I gulped a bit and nodded slowly. I knew he was not joking and would do it. I watched as he calmed down after I nodded and sat down in the chair again. " now to Awnser your first question I suppose it's because your sick."

I frowned as I looked at him. 'You suppose?' I thought to myself. He quickly noticed my look. "What? What's that look for?"

I quickly shook my head. "Nothing."

He made a 'hum' sound and looked unconfined but did not push the subject. As he looked at me. "So human how do you feel right now?"

I scrolled at him. "Y/n"

He looked at me in confusion. "What?"

"My name its y/n not human" I said with a bit of a attitude. As soon as the words left my mouth I began to regret them. 'Well I just screwed up'

He looked a bit shocked at my words and attitude but then seemed to chuckle. "Ah yes I'm sorry, so how are you feeling now y/n"

Needless to say I was shocked. He was not mad? Wow. I thought he would of been. I quickly snapped out of my shock and paused to focus on my body. "I'm...rather warm....and yet...cold? And my head hurts a tad...ah and I feel a bit nauseous."

He nodded slowly as if he understood. "I'm not surprised your probably feeling warm because of your fever and cold since this place is a bit chilly. As for the headache and nausea I would chalk that up to the cold or what ever you have. If you drink some water I think it may help out a bit."

I just stared at him in disbelief. He noticed this and shifted uncomfortably. "What?"

I shook my head side to side slowly. " nothing nothing I was just surprised that you were a doctor." I said with a bit of sarcasm in a joking way.

This seemed to make him smile. "Ah no sorry to brake it to you but I'm no doctor. I have just delt with stuff like this before in the past." He said his voice became a bit more stiff towards the end. As if he was remembering something he would rather not.

Taking the silent que I dropped the subject and stayed silent. The silence hung thick between us till he stood up. "Welp I'm going to go and see if I can't find a blanket in this nightmare scape."

I nodded slowly. "Ok thanks....um....sorry but what's your name?"

He stopped and looked at me a bit surprised. "Oh I never did tell you my names nightmare." He said before he quickly left the room.

'Nightmare? Ha I could of proboly guessed that considering how he looks and that he only shows in my nightmares.' I thought to myself as I chuckled a bit and leaned my head back onto the pillow.

Nightmares point of view

'Well that got a bit awkward' I thought as I walked out of the room and randomly walked down one of the halls as I thought about what just happened. We some how had a nice little conversation going that is until she said something to make me think of the past.

Of when I was protecting the tree with my brother. Being outside all of the time and my brother being as weak as he is he would get sick from time to time and I would have to take care of him. And when I would get sick my brother would take care of me. Of corse I rarely got sick. And dream did not get sick often as well. I sighed as I shook my head shaking off he thoughts as I turned a corner and came to a door.

I paused and looked at the door. 'This one will do.' I paused as I put my bony hand on the doorknob as I used my ability to shift the dream scape so when I opened the door it would be a closet full of blankets. Once I did open it my eyes (or should I say eye since you can only see one) emidently saw blankets on top of blankets. I grabbed one that was fluffy and looked soft before I headed back to the room that y/n was in.

I opened the door and walked in noticing that y/n was staring at the celling lost in thought. She did not even notice me come in. Well I can fix that. I walked over to her and paused to see if she noticed me. Once I was sure she had not I more or less tossed the blanket onto her face.

Your point of view

I was looking at the celling as I thought of what all had happened not to long ago. The being that had been in my nightmares who I now knew to be named nightmare was being nice to me for once. ' perhaps being sick is not so bad...' I thought to myself not noticing nightmare walk into the room and over to me until my vision was consumed by something soft fluffy and brown. I yelped in surprise and sat up pushing the blanket off of my face to look at a smug nightmare who was holding back laughter. "Not funny." I growled at him.

His smile seemed to grow Widder. "Oh I beg to differ."

I just made a huffing sound and I wrapped the blanket around me and looked at him to see his smile fade. I looked at him with a questioning look. "What?"

Nightmare turned to me. "It's time for you to wake up." He said simply with no emotion in his voice as he grew out his tentacles.

My eyes widened and I backed away until my back hit the wall. I knew what he ment. It's how my dreams ended. With my death. He noticed my fear and chuckled a bit. "Sorry but it's how your to wake up, don't worry I'll make it quick"

I grasped the blanket around me tighter. And squeezed my eyes closed as I prepared myself for pain. After a while nothing came and I opened my eyes to look at him. He seemed to be lost in thought but quickly snapped out of it when I looked at him. He placed a hand on the top of my head and slid it down to my cheek. "Try to get a bit of rest and not make yourself worse." He said almost kindly before his hand slid down to my chin and I felt something touch the other side of my head and herd a horrible crack sound.