Great Responsibility

Monica Rambeau stood strong, looking back at her former teammates that once filled her life with purpose. She fought back tears, knowing it was possibly the last time she'd ever see them. Tony Stark fixed his lightweight sunglasses promptly clearing his throat as Dr. Banner tilted his head upward. Agent Romanoff and T'Challa had facial expressions devoid of all emotion. Vision felt a longing come across his chest into the forefront of his mind. He calculated the probability of her reaching an alternate Earth for the tenth time to calm himself.

 He calculated the probability of her reaching an alternate Earth for the tenth time to calm himself

Monica rose off the ground effortlessly. Her eyes began to shine a smoldering white. She hesitated for a moment, looking down to memorize every detail of their faces before she blasted off into the thin air leaving behind a sonic boom. She circled the Earth repeatedly mentally melting away the looming despair for the life she was leaving behind.

Once she reached her target speed, her whole body started to illuminate. She began to tune into the frequency of each earth, searching for a specific one and opening a temporary breach. She swallowed her fear and flew straight through it. She stopped and hovered above Central City. Her eyes slowly faded from a piercing white to gray while she gazed over the city below her and let her heart rate settle. She pulled out a small piece of paper and read over the carefully written coordinates before vanishing from sight.

When she arrived at S.T.A.R. Labs, she expected something more put together and less ragtag. Despite initial appearances, she could tell that the building held purpose. Monica scanned the building to find six people inside and two heading her way. Instead of arming herself for a fight she landed and headed toward the daunting front door. She noticed it was already unlocked. She placed her palm on the handle sent radio waves through the whole building charting out the schematics. Finally, Monica swung open the door to an empty lobby filled with hardly used furniture and paintings that hung decoratively.

Suddenly, one of the six people appeared in front of her, quickly followed by another. Monica, standing just shy of six feet with black hair trailing to her midback, stood in front him, decked in her battle suit with her arms crossed. Her gaze drifted from the artifacts of the room to the men who'd appeared in front of her.

Monica's eyes softened towards them as she spoke, "You must be the heroes of this Earth." Her words were cold, bluntly put.

The taller male sporting a red suit stepped forward toward her. "Who are you and why are you here? We've detected a breach opened. Was that you?"

Monica's eyes slightly widen admiring their knowledge of her arrival. "Yes, I am here on a mission. My name is Monica Rambeau. I am from Earth-616."

"