You're Safe Now

Lena went to find Monica there was no doubt in her mind that she was hurting. Maybe, it was her connect to her that drove her to search for her. Her thumb rubbed underneath her engagement ring feeling worried. Monica wasn't in her usual hiding spots around the house. Kara had left to work but promised to be back soon. Eventually, a small flicker of light exposed where she had been. Monica was painting in a smaller bedroom in a seemly hidden hallway in the apartment. Lena looked around as she roamed the hallway passing another spare room before finding Monica. The walls were painted in a black comic strip style half unfinished Monica had black and white paint all over her hands. Her focus aimed at a battle scene between the Hulk and Iron Man. Considering the fight had happened over a year ago it was in tremendous detail. Emerald eyes read over the words crammed in bubbles during the time it took her to finish reading half of the wall Monica had already finished the fight scene.

She backed away for a better view discovering Lena's presences, "I never could keep secrets from you."

"These are your memories." Lena could only recognize a handful of the illustrations from stories, "Why aren't I in any of them?"

Monica set down her paint brushes dried off her hands. "Most of these happened back on Earth 616."

"Do you miss that Earth?" Her voice softened.

"More than I ever thought I would." Monica walked up close to Lena nonchalantly invading her space uncaring for boundaries, "What would you like for lunch?"

Lena looked up at Monica. Everything had always been written in their gaze a sprouting seed of lust, "I can order lunch today." Ogling her lips.

Nova leaned down peering her sights to Lena's lips as well. "We could venture out."

Lena lightly moaned seductively, "Yes."

Coax in by the moan Nova continued leaning toward her lips, "Where do you want to eat?"

Both of Lena's hands moved up to her neck ensuring she wouldn't get teased, "Where do you want me?"

Nova smiled, knowing full well that Lena was seducing her. Even before they touched she felt her hands and her lungs expanded with briny air. Her voice had the lilt she knew so well - her words soft with the smile that already played on her face. With the kiss came electric tingles, the desire to play. Lena reminded herself Kara would be home soon, so maybe it would be ok to be caught red handed.

=========

The international news coverage of Nextwave spread like wildfire and if Catco was going to get ahead of it ahead reporter was going to have to get an exclusive. The only problem is every news outlet was aiming for the same thing. What everyone else didn't have was any information as to who the heroes were or where they were. Except for Kara Danvers, who happened to be an hour late to work. Snapper Car and James Olsen were both standing in her office facing one another when she tried to sneak in quietly. She fixed her glasses nervously gearing herself to be yelled at for being late.

"I should take this one. I have a lead that an old government facility on the outskirts of the city has been reopened with a lot of activity." Snapper insisted.

"Kara got the first exclusive on them. I think she would be the best person for this." James asserted.

"She isn't even here!" Snapper looked around her office.

"I am." Kara walked into the center of her office. "I've already been in contact with Nextwave. They'll give me the exclusive."

"See, Kara's got this," James said. He had already known that Kara had a close relationship with the team, he had just needed to fend Snapper off until she got there.