[Chapter 5: The Strange World]

"So according to your explantion, you are from the far future. And there has been an extraterrestrial invasion of sorts?" Inya asked.

Inya, Kayis and I were both sipping tea sitting in the living room while I explained my predicament.

"Wow... Meela's so amazing," Kayis exclaimed for the umpteenth time.

I could not go through five minutes of my explaination without him complimenting me. Little did he know the amount of torture I went through. I would not be so cool after that.

"Technically they had already invaded Earth, a long time ago. They were the gods we worshipped."

"Gods? What is that?" Inya asked.

I paused for a moment.

"You don't have gods around here? Gods are like, powerful beings that us human's pray to, to show us the way, and they influence our culture and society. Do you guys believe in something like that?" I answered.

"Oh, powerful beings like the Higher Ones?" Kayis asked.

"No, Kayis. We do not pray to the Higher Ones. They are our teachers. They give us knowledge, and help us grow. We do not preach them, we respect them," Inya retorted.

"So... You guys do not believe in powerful beings that guide humanity," I concluded.

Inya shook her head,"The teachings of the Higher Ones taught us to believe in ourselves and the connection we have with every other conscious being in the universe. That is the power of the Akashic. We need not a being to show us the way, for the Akashic is there to guide us. We should know the path we must take, by believing in ourselves," Inya said.

I digested her words. It was different at the same time similar to something General A-Roz, the head of the Atlanteans, once told me. But he believed that we should hang on to a belief that no matter what, something deep within or far beyond will be there for us.

"My...leader, said something like that once. The extraterrestrials were manipulating us. I mean, not all of them were bad. But the ones that returned were. They wanted ultimate manipulation over mankind, hence they created the Advanced Human Manipulator, also known as...AHM333," I waited for my body to respond weirdly towards the word AHM333, it usually did.

But this time it did not. I wanted to take it as a sign that I did successfully destroy the manipulator.

"And so, like you said. You were modified to be able to carry out the task of stopping this device," Inya continued for me. I nodded.

"I did stop it in the end. However the AHM333 connected all the Akashic strings of mankind to a single source. Destroying it caused a rip in space-time and an imbalance in the Akashic itself. Thus the wormhole was created, and I along with Axel got sucked in. I thought it was the end. Little did I know that I would time travel," I explained.

"This story is very bizzare. And considerably hard to believe," Inya began.

I expected that much. No one would believe me that easily.

"It does not matter if you believe me or not. All I need is information about this place, which would possibly help me return to my time," I said at last. All I needed was answers.

Inya nodded, "Very well. I will... Try to help you as much as I can."

"Thank you," I said sincerely.

"Well, what do you want to know?" Inya asked.

It felt as if a huge gate was finally swinging open in this world of the unknown, allowing me to step into the light at last. Without a moment of hesitation, I began firing away.

"Okay for starters, I want to know how the Akashic flows so seamlessly here and how most of you have the ability to access it," The thought had been bugging my mind since the time I saw Inya access the Akashic when she found me.

Inya looked puzzled,"Does the Akashic not work the same way in the future?"

I shook my head,"In my era, the Akashic is actually a myth. Not many can access it, or are aware of such an existence in the first place."

Kayis laughed,"So that means if I come to your time, they will think I am awesome!" he said excitedly, pumping his fists in the air.

I stared at him dumbfounded,"Even a little kid like him can access the Akashic?"

Inya laughed and patted Kayis on the head,"Relax Laila, not many of his age can access the Akashic. Kayis is just exceptional," she said. She looked genuinely proud of him. I suspected she was his teacher.

"We do not start teaching them the methods to access the Akashic till they are at least twelve. I do not know what is important in your time, but over here, accessing the highest level of subconscious, connecting to the infinite universe of thought, and being one with our body, mind and soul is imperative. It is the basic knowledge of our people," Inya explained.

I was finally starting to get the picture, and how these people worked. They were undeniably spiritual and very open to the Akashic. Perhaps that was why the Akashic seemed to flow and coexist with reality here.

"That's really incredible. But, I still don't know how far back I've actually time travelled," I said with a frustrated sigh.

The civilisation here was pretty advanced, so I believed I was thrown back to about the same era as the Ancient Egyptians perhaps. However, a strong sense of denial lingered within me. I somehow refused to believe I was in that era. I had the strangest feeling, that I had travelled much farther back in time, where my knowledge of history would be meaningless.

"We have to identify what timeline you are from if we were to ever help you get back," Inya said, agreeing with my statement.

"The thing is, I have an extremely wide knowledge of history. But I know nothing on this civilisation. There has been no recorded history of humanity, where us humans were well-informed and used the Akashic," I replied.

Inya frowned. We were both silent for a moment, pondering the situation.

"Does all history have to be recorded? What if this is an unrecorded history of humanity?" Kayis suddenly voiced out.

I widened my eyes at the realisation,"Maybe you're right... But a civilisation this advanced would definitely leave something behind. It's impossible for it to just disappear from existence!"

Inya frowned and looked away,"Perhaps... Not entirely impossible..."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I would not like to say this, but maybe something catastrophic happened, wiping out our civilisations, causing humanity to start back from the beginning," Inya said. She spoke as if she were holding back some information.

"Wiped out! Does that mean we become extinct!" Kayis asked shocked.

"That is disturbing. But plausible. Perhaps the evidence exists in my time, just maybe not found or misinterpreted. But... It would indeed make sense. If a civilisation this advanced existed, yet we do not know of it, it must have been way before recorded history," I said, trying to make sense of the situation.

This meant that I had time travelled extremely far into the past. Instead of anxiety, I felt a strange sense of excitement bubbling within me.

This was a time unknown to modern man. An advanced civilisation lost with time. This, would most definitely put another twist in the history of humanity. And I wanted to find out more. I felt this familiar urge to uncover the mysteries of this strange world.

For, who knows what I will find.