[Chapter 25: Duriko]

The sun was high in the sky the next day, when the beautiful town of Duriko came into view. The port was bustling with activity, ships docked at the jetty. Our large passenger carrier came into view, I could not be more relieved.

As soon as we docked, Inya went on over to the ship to settle some of our documentation. I relished the moment as my feet stepped on land. Days on the boat had definitely taken a toll on me.

"Where would you go after this?" I asked Werdi, as we walked around the marketplace. I was helping him stock up on supplies, since we had a few hours before my ship set sail.

"Well, I was actually planning to head to a city in the Third Ring, Lavero. For some research," he replied.

"Come to Fruiro," I said. Werdi gave me a look.

"She does not want me there," he muttered. I rolled my eyes.

"Are you still believing that?" I retorted. Werdi had told me a little about his talk with Inya yesterday. He decided that he should keep some distance from her, since all he ever did was trouble her.

Of course I assured him that he was overreacting. Inya was being stubborn. As much as she denied it, if she was going to bump into her lost lover in Fruiro, I figured Werdi had to be there to support her. I knew he wanted to be there for her.

Seriously, those two just could not be straight-forward. I had to play cupid.

"Well, if Inya does not want you there, I do!" I said as we reached the jetty. Werdi raised a brow.

I smirked,"Actually, I wanted to learn more on harnessing Akashic energy. So I figured the best person to ask was you," I said. It was not entirely a lie. I did want to learn on Akashic energy. A plan had been forming in my mind and I was itching to expand on it.

"You... Want to learn more on Akashic energy?" Werdi asked.

I nodded,"While I'm at Fruiro, I'm definitely not just going to visit the scholar Gyouta Nasmin. I believe I told you that I was going to Fruiro for various reasons. And one of them, now, is to learn about Akashic energy. So, are you the right person for the job or what?" I asked, placing my hands on my hips.

Werdi smiled, his eyes glinting in amusement,"You are one strange lass. I guess I cannot say no to that," he said. I grinned.

He lowered his voice and eyed me mischievously,"But do not tell Inya," he said. I nodded in response.

Soon after, Inya and Axel came over to say goodbye to Werdi.

"Thank you for everything, Werdi. I really appreciate it," Inya said, giving Werdi a small smile. Werdi returned it.

"Have a safe journey," he said.

"You too," Inya replied.

Inya, Axel and I walked back to our ship. I glanced at Werdi boarding his boat. He gave me a wink and I returned it with my own.

-------------------------
As soon as we boarded the ship, I rushed to my room. It was left just as it is surprisingly. I looked around the room to ensure that all of my belongings were there. Thankfully, they were. I sighed in relief as I rummaged through my bag. I pulled out the familiar wristband, my only belonging from the future.

Switching it on, the wristband displayed a holographic projection of Atlantis. The time was displayed as well. I internally winced as realised how much time must have passed on Atlantis. I did not know if time was passing the same way over there as it was here in the past.

Lucky for me, I might just have the solution.

I switched off the wristband and flipped it over. From the pouch around my waist, I removed a few tools that I had borrowed from Werdi. I picked open the thin compartment that was located on the underside of the device. As I expected, within the compartment was a thin clear crystal chip. The Atlanteans used crystals as well to create microchips. However instead of computer programming the crystals, I had another idea in store.

From my pouch, I removed another small drawstring bag. I pulled out a piece of Ekhol, an Akashic crystal, from it. The Ekhol was thin and small. I cut off its sides just a little to enable it to fit the small compartment.

I removed the crystal microchip from the compartment. This was when it got tricky. Spreading out a piece on a white cloth on the floor, I laid both crystals side by side. I had to somehow merge the both crystals together. Or replicate the pattern on the microchip onto the Ekhol. Werdi had given me various tools and taught me how to use them. However it was still going to be a long tedious process.
I glanced out the window. The ocean was painted orange. The sun was setting. It would take another week till we reached Fruiro. I guess I had all the time in the world.

I got to work.

----------------------------
Out on the deck, the blazing ball of light had dipped below the horizon, the colours of dusk painted the sky. Inya stood on deck, her face set in a frown. Fruiro was near. However, what bothered her even more than Fruiro was their soon to be destination.

Atlantis.

It was only a matter of time before it all came down to Laila needing to consult the Higher Ones. Inya dreaded it. What would they say if they found out that she had tried to share valuable information? What would they do to her for trying to make the community aware of the dangers to come, despite supposedly swearing secrecy?

She had too many worries. None that she could express. Secrets were simply part and parcel of her life.

"You look like you're about to scream," said Axel as he approached her.

Inya was still getting used to the fact that he could now speak their language. Apparently, Laila had helped him do so in some way. Axel leaned against the railing staring out into the horizon.

"I was not going to scream," Inya replied.

"Yeah, more like trying to bottle up your secrets," he responded with a thoughtful look on his face.

"I know how that feels..." he said trailing off, still staring at the rippling ocean.

Inya sighed and joined his ocean-gazing. Both knowing that they were on the same boat.