[Chapter 30: Capabilities]

A few days had passed since our meeting with Gyouta. We had delved deep into the subject of time manipulation, getting ever closer to the truth.

After numerous hypotheses, we had come up with a rather plausible method.

It was derived from my previous time travelling method. Based on Axel's input, the AHM333 activator caused the rip in Akashic because it accumulated too much Akashic energy which got expelled all at once, creating destructive waves in the Akashic dimension. These then manifested themselves as a wormhole.

Now, if we applied that theory, we could possibly create a stable wormhole without ripping the Akashic. We would firstly need a strong energy source. This accumulated energy should be released in a steady stream, not an explosion. The steady stream of energy would create ripples in the Akashic and form a wormhole.

If that was not hard enough, phase two would be horrifying. The wormhole created would have to connect to a desired timeline. To do so, an Akashic user would need carry out a transmission to a receiving end at the desired timeline. This transmission would then direct the wormhole to connect to that timeline.

Of course transmission across time is difficult, and there had to be a receiving end. The more plausible it became, the more problems arose.

In total, this process would require three to four immensely strong Akashic users. The time traveller, the transmitter and the anchor.

I had to be strong enough. I used to doubt myself. However, recently, I had begun to realise that I was more capable than I originally thought.

Besides researching with Gyouta, Inya and Axel, I had also done a bit of experimenting myself.

Aside from taking the time to digest the dreadful fact that I was most definitely immortal, I spent some time channelling my abilities, testing my limits and capabilities.

One evening after returning from the inventory, I was sitting in my room focusing on a flower, resting in a small clay pot. If my interpretation from the story of Ophera was correct, I could channel the Akashic to not only control the mind, but matter itself.

I concentrated long and hard, envisioning the cells making up the plant, every single fibre to be in my control. A hum resounded in my ears, I felt vibrations course through my veins. I opened my eyes and saw the flower raising slightly from the pot, as if lifted by a force. I willed for the petals to be plucked out, and soon one by one, they fell to the ground.

I smile spread across my face. I did it! A sudden excitement burst from within me. The humming in my ears suddenly grew louder. My hold on the plant grew uncontrollable. A moment later, the stem of the flower burst into a million tiny pieces, scattering across the room. A piece of the stem slid down my face dropping to the ground.

The humming ceased and my power dove back to the depths of my mind. I was dripping in sweat.

I destroyed it. I did not just control it, but I destroyed it.

I stared at my hands, suddenly afraid of myself. What if I went out of control again? What would happen to the matter around me? Was I a walking destructive force?

I grimaced as I thought about the possibilities.

I decided to carefully test out my powers from then on. There was still much for me to discover.

--------------------
The next day, while I was walking along the sidewalk just outside the library, I saw a familiar face. I grinned with enthusiasm.

"Werdi! You're finally here!" I exclaimed, running over to him, giving him a quick hug.

"Good to see you lass," he said with a smile. I noticed that he had cleaned up from the last time I saw him. His unruly hair from befire was trimmed and combed. His stubble cleanly shaved.

"Someone's all beautied up," I teased, nudging him with my elbow.

Werdi rolled his eyes,"You met me while I was sailing on boat for weeks. You could not have expected me to look like that forever," he said.

"You can give as many excuses as you want. I know why you're looking dashing," I said, mischievously. Werdi shook his head and chuckled.

"How is she?" he asked.

My gleeful expression dropped into a frown,"Not too good. She found out that Irah is pregnant. She hasn't talked about it, walling off her feelings as usual. Honestly though, why hasn't she confronted her sister?" I said.

Werdi frowned as well. Now that his hair was out of his face, I realised that he actually had admirable features. A rather boyish look. Though ever since I met Axel, my levels were brought up to be rather high. God, why was I thinking about his hotness? He was already hard enough to resist.

"She does not want to hurt her sister, clearly," Werdi replied. I nodded in agreement.

"But she's not going to get anywhere like this. What do you suggest we do?" I asked.

Werdi sighed,"I really do not know."

I suddenly realised we had just passed the inventory and were heading out of the complex.

"Where are we going, Werdi?" I questioned.

"To my study. If I recall correctly, you asked me to teach you about Akashic crystals," he said with a smile. I skipped with excitement.

We reached Werdi's study which was part of a university complex of sorts. Students were scurrying around, lectures were being held.

Werdi's office was pretty much a workshop. A large desk and numerous drawing boards were on one side of the room, shelves stuffed with thick volumes of scrolls were lined up next to the desk. On the other half of the room, were worktables scattered with tools and numerous pieces of Ekhol. Half-finished contraptions lay on the worktables, some completed ones were placed on large shelves.

"So, Laila. What do you want to know about Akashic crystals," Werdi said, pulling out chairs for the both of us.

"To be honest, Werdi, I don't exactly know what I want to know. But the thing is, I have an... Idea, and I was hoping you could tell me if it is entirely possible to bring my plan to life," I said.

Werdi raised a brow,"I guess... I could help," he said.

I gave him a wry smile,"Also... If possible, don't ask me why I want to do it. I plan to keep my reasons a secret. At least for now," I said, which perked Werdi's curiosity even more.

"I will try my best. Now tell me what that idea of yours is."