Ages 9 and 12

"Mr, and Mr, Joseph, I'm honestly quite upset that i had to call you both in, I didn't want to have to do this." The principal sighed, seemingly defeated.

Josh and Tyler were currently sitting across from their children's principal in her office. It was a pretty blank office besides a couch and her desk and two chairs for guests. There were some pictures of people on her desk, presumably her family. And shelfs stacked with piles and piles of paper.

Tyler rubbed his forehead and Josh put one of his hands on top of his where it rested on the arm of the chair.

"Your daughter is a little bit of a troublemaker and if she gets another strike we'll have to expel her." Josh began biting his nails nervously.

"Look, we've tried everything but she just doesn't want to listen, school's not really easy for our children seeing that we're a different kind of family and she acts out sometimes because of it but she's a good kid." Tyler pleaded with the principal. She really was a good kid.

"Yes, I understand but..." the principal began to say but she was quickly cut off by Josh.

"But you'll give us more chances?"

The principal laughed, the situation was hard and she could see that they were good people but she needed to weigh it out.

"Only because you're a sweet family." She smiled, her pearly whites gleaming.

Josh and Tyler turned to look at each other and sighed out of relief but unfortunately they would have to have a very serious conversation with their twelve year old daughter, Mary.