Ages 9 and 12 (part 3)

"Mary do you promise you won't pull anyone's hair today?" Josh asked his daughter who was sitting in the backseat of their Volvo. "Okay so I'll pull someone's hair tomorrow then." She sassed back and crossed her arms over chest. Jeremy giggled trying to hide his laughter with his hand.

"That's not funny your dad is being very serious right now." Tyler scolded. "Why should I take you seriously if you don't take me seriously? Huh?" She asked, her head shaking back and forth.

"Okay young lady, talk back one more time and you'll be grounded I swear." Tyler was dead serious and everyone in the car went quiet. They knew when he used his serious voice, he wasn't joking around. He was the stern dad who whipped the kids into shape and Josh was the one who was there to hold them after they were reprimanded.

Josh sighed before turning to look at Mary from where he sat on the passengers seat. "Look Mary, we are on your side trust me, but you can't use violence to solve your problems. If someone makes fun of you or us you tell the principal a teacher or you call us." Mary didn't respond. "Okay?"

She mumbled something before saying "Okay."

"Thank you sweetie." Josh replied to her hesitant okay.

The rest of the car ride was a quiet one.

**
Don't forget to follow, comment, vote all that jazz

Thanks
Merci
Takk
Obrigada
Gracias