Secret's Out

So I'm back!! First, the song above is what Evan sings in this chapter I absolutely love it. Next, I want to thank @Forever_A_Scone for helping me pass the block I had where I could not write to save my life. Evan's music taste comes from a conversation we had last night too! You should all go read the Tree Bros story they wrote called "Could This Last Forever" because its amazing!!! Now onto the story!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

          "Connor I brought some clothes that I think would fit you maybe. You're taller so I just got a pajama shirt I hope that's ok." Evan sat the clothes on the bathroom counter and looked at Connor. "Everything okay?" Connor knew Evan was just trying to be a good friend, but he didn't want Evan to see and hate or ridicule him, so he did the only thing he knew to do. He tried to drive him away. He didn't think before he reacted. He didn't realize Evan isn't his family, he just reacted. 

              "I'm fine Evan!" Connor almost hissed, and frankly Evan was hurt. He knew friends didn't treat friends like this. Did Connor hate him? Was he tired of the anxious and rambling person Evan was? Evan turned and ran out before he got any worse. He ran back to his room, shut the door, and sat in front of it.Evan quickly realized he was having an anxiety attack and that just made it worse. Connor immediately what he had done. "Evan! Evan wait I'm so sorry just-" Connor was cut off buy a door slamming. As soon as he was dry and normal, Connor ran to Evans door. "Evan I'm so sorry please let me explain myself." He listens for a reply but only hears heavy breathing and sniffling. "Evan are you ok? Can you let me in so I can help you?" After a minute, he heard something slide over from in front of the door, so he opened the door and sat beside Evan. Evan had his forehead rested on his knees, which he was gripping so hard the knuckles on his right hand turned white. "Is it ok to touch you?" As soon as he nodded, Connor rested his head on Evan's shoulder and wrapped his arm around him. They sit like that in silence for about 5 minutes before Connor notices Evan's breathing become even and the sniffling stop. He feels a light weight on his head and realizes Evan has fallen asleep. Connor lifts the surprisingly light , sleeping boy and places him on the bed. He writes Evan a note and leaves.

               Evan sleeps for another hour and the second he woke up he looked for Connor. Finding no sign of him almost sent Evan in a panic if he had not found the note Connor had left for him. That not simply read,

Evan,

I'm sorry for just skipping out but you fell asleep so I figured I'd better leave. Just text or call me when you wake up if you want to know why I snapped earlier, I promise to tell you everything, or if you just want someone to talk to. XXX-XXX-XXXX

Sincerely,

Me

Evan thought this was really sweet. The rumors about Connor are so wrong. He is just kinda angry, not an evil person. Evan did not hesitate to put Connors number in his phone. He decided he would text Connor rather than wait.

Me: Hi Connor it's Evan. Thanks for helping me calm down and putting me in bed. I dried your clothes if you want to come get those  

                  When Connor gets home all he can think about is what happened earlier. How would he tell Evan the truth? Evan is going to hate him or fear him and he can't stand the thought. His whole life, he has been hated for this...this thing he can't control or get rid of. Evan was his only friend and he ruined it. His thoughts drifted from that to Evan sleeping. He was kinda super cute like seriously how is that legal? While he was lost in thought, he heard his ringtone chime signalling he got a text

Unknown Number: Hi Connor it's Evan. Thanks for helping me calm down and putting me in bed. I dried your clothes if you want to come get those

Connor added his number as "Tree Boy"

Me: It was no problem

Me: I can come get them now if thats ok and explain some things too?

Tree Boy: Yeah sure. You can just come on in and I'll be in my room

Me: alright see you soon then

Connor decided to walk so he didn't have to ask Zoe for the keys. Evan had expected it to take longer than it did so when Connor arrived, Evan was in his room folding Connors now dry clothes and singing.

"Rule number four, gotta be looking pure

Kiss him goodbye at the door, and leave him wanting more, more

This is how to be a heartbreaker

Boys they like a little danger

We'll get him falling for a stranger

A player, singing I lo-lo-love you

How to be a heartbreaker

Boys they like the look of danger

We'll get him falling for a stranger

A player, singing I lo-lo-love you

At least I think I do"

           "Wow Hansen. I didn't know you could sing like that." Evan jumped so dramatically he fell onto the bed and his face had never been so red in his life. "Oh god sorry I didn't mean to scare you I'm so sorry."

"I-i-its f-fine. I sh-should ha-have been m-more aware."

"No I really liked hearing you sing. What song was that?" Evans eyes lit up as he explained the song. 'How to be a Heartbreaker,' Evan said that was what he was singing, was by his favorite artist, Marina and the Diamonds. Evan went on and on about his favorite songs, but made sure to emphasize his favorite was 'Bubblegum Bitch.' Connor couldn't help but smile when he saw how happy and content Evan was just talking about his music, it was almost like when he was spewing tree facts. This was Connors favorite side of Evan, happy, excited, and adorable.

"Oh sorry I was rambling. Didn't you have something to say." Connor was dreading those words. He was afraid of being called a freak by his only friend, but he couldn't keep him in the dark.

"Yeah actually there was. Let me start at the beginning and tell you everything."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that I passed that block, I'm going to try to write more and update when I can. I will try to update daily but sometimes that isn't possible. Thank you all so much for over 200 reads I know it isn't much but I only started this out of boredom and for my friend *Cough cough forever_a_scone cough cough* to read so I appreciate every single one of you!