Sneak peak

"I wanted to tell you that I'm like super gay for you. Like, really gay." (As I was putting this I was listening to sincerely me and the "No not because we're gay" part played I'M SCREAMING)

"W-w-wha? R-really?" 

"Y-you aren't... j-just saying-saying that?"

"I promise. I really mean it. There's no need in worrying." 

"Th-thank you Connor. I'm s-sorry you had to see that."

"Don't be, I-" He was interrupted by Heidi calling for them saying lunch was ready.

The three sit at the table together and Heidi tells stories from the hospital. Connors favorite is the one where a toddler ran out the door and no one noticed until a concerned mother went looking for her child. Evan talked about what classifies and oak tree and a maple tree, if it had been anyone else, Connor would have tuned every word out, but he found himself clinging to each word the shorter boy said like it were the most interesting subject he had ever heard of.

Eventually, Connor and Evan excused themselves and returned to Evan's room where Heidi promised to leave them alone while she cleaned up around the house.

"S-so Connor, what now?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay I think I may end up rewriting this. I don't exactly like the direction its going and I feel like I didn't write Connor as himself, but as what Evan made him. I think I'll keep the first few chapters where I heavily referenced the musical but after that I'm going to pick this story apart and fix everything, possibly in a whole new book (same title and cover probably) but keep this one up until I catch up in that one story wise. Anyways, here is the sneak peak for the next chapter sorry its short but I am still struggling to write this.