Prologue

~3rd POV~

   In a hospital, lies a mother with her newborn baby son.

(Mom)

Mother: Aww~ you are so adorable!
   The baby giggles, his bright red eyes shining with joy. A man walks in and smiles once he saw the baby.

 A man walks in and smiles once he saw the baby

(Dad)

Father: Are you feeling better?
Mother: Yeah.
The mother smiles and holds the baby close to her chest.
Mother: Do you want to hold him?
The father nods as the mother hands over her son to him. He cradles the child gently as the baby starts falling asleep. Suddenly, two children walk in.
Child #1: Mom! Can we see him now?
Child #2: Yeah! I want to see our new baby brother.
Mother: Shhhh....he's falling asleep. You can look at him, he's in your father's arms.
The two children quietly walked over to their father as they stared at him lovingly.
Child #2: He's so cute! I want to dress him up!
Child #1: I can't wait to be an older brother!
Mother: Calm down, we'll be able to take him home tomorrow so wait patiently. When we get home, you can smother him with love okay.
Both: Okay!
Father: He's so adorable.
As the family spend their time with their new member, a doctor walked in.
Doctor: Mrs. Shirota.
Mother: What is it?
Doctor: Would you please let me speak with you and your husband alone? Please send the children out.
Both parents looked worried as the two children looked confused. The father put the baby back into the arms of the mother as he walked his other children out.
Father: The doctor needs to tell us something really important for only us to hear for now. Please stay outside, we'll call you in once we are done.
Both: Okay.
The two children obediently stayed outside as the father shuts the door but the put their ears on the door to listen to the conversation.
Doctor: I'm afraid your baby has a condition.
Mother: What condition? You said he was gonna be fine and healthy.
Doctor: The scanner we scanned on you didn't seem to pick up the disability your child has gained and we only discovered it now.
The two eavesdroppers looked at each in confusion.
Child #1: What's a disability?
Child #2: I don't know.
The children stayed silent once their father starts talking.
Father: What is the disability?
Doctor: Your child seems to be paralyzed on both of his legs, making him unable to walk.
The parents are shocked and sad as they looked at their baby, who was just minding his own business.
Mother: He can never walk at all.
Doctor: Yes, unfortunately he has to be on a wheelchair when he is 6 years old. So for now, carry him and put him on a stroller.
The doctor was sad as well as he continues speaking.
Doctor: I'm sorry, we couldn't do anything to prevent it even if the scanner picked it up. I'll leave you two alone.
The doctor start walking away to the door. Once the two heard the footsteps coming, they quickly backed off of the door and quickly sat on the floor near the room.

As the doctor left the room, he smiled sadly at the two children and walked away. It was silent outside and inside the room.
Child #1: So that means that......our new brother can't walk at all.
Child #2: Yeah.....
The two children felt sadness over their brother thinking why the world was so cruel until the brother stands up.
Child #1: We can't sit here and mope! We need to be in there and support our brother! It doesn't matter that he is different so we need to protect him at all cost!
The sister felt shock at her brother suddenly being so passionate. She smiles and wipes her tears at the corner of her eyes.
Child #2: Yeah! Let's make a pack. We will always protect our precious little brother and be the best siblings ever!
The two fist bumped as the promise would only be known between them. When they were done fist bumping, they walked inside the room to see their parents sad expressions they had on their face.
Father: Come here you two.
The two walked over to their father, who was near the mother.
Father: There is something that's happening with your brother.
Child #1: We know dad.
Child #2: We heard.
The parents looked shocked but the two kept speaking.
Child #1: It doesn't matter that our brother can't walk at all.
Child #2: He's family and we would love him no matter what.
The parents are in tears as the father gave his children a big hug.
Father: Yes, you two are right. I'm proud of you guys.
Mother: I can't believe I have two wonderful children.
As the father let's go of them, they gave a hug to their mother. She smiles as she looks down at her baby.
Mother: We didn't give him a name yet.
Father: Oh yeah, we didn't decided on one yet.
The older brother looked at his younger brother. The baby reached his arms out for him as the older one looked at his mother for permission.
Mother: Yes, you can hold him but be gentle.
The mother hands him the baby as he tries to carry him. The father helps him hold the baby correctly as the sister watches them, giggling at her brother's expression. His face looked so scared as he was afraid of dropping him. Once the baby was correctly being carried, he gently sways the baby, making him giggle.

The baby reaches out one hand to hold something as the older brother held out his finger for him to grab, the baby grasp his small hands around his fingers as the older brother watches while smiling.
Child #1: Hey, can we call him Shion?
The sister looked at him in confusion.
Child #2: Why Shion?
Child #1: I don't know....it just fits for his name.
Mother: That's a wonderful name.
Father: Alright, his official name is Shion Shirota.
The sister holds the baby's other hand.
Child#2: Welcome to the family Shion.
The baby coos in happiness and falls asleep in his brother's warm arms.

END