Chapter 3: Greeted by a Shadow

~Shion's POV~

   I rolled my wheelchair in front of my classmate. I felt all their stares as some of them started whispering.
Sensei: Attention students!
    All of them became quiet and Sensei started speaking again.
Sensei: This is the last of our classmates. So be nice and help him around. As you can see, he can't move around as much but that doesn't mean to treat him any different than any others.

   I look at him and smiled as a thank you. He looked back and nodded.
Sensei: Now, please introduce yourself.
   I sigh nervously as my classmates stare at me in anticipation.
Shion: My name is Shirota Shion. Honestly, I don't know what to tell you about me so ask me any question.
   Surprisingly, many people raised their hands up. I pointed to a girl in pigtails.
Girl 1: Why are you in a wheelchair?
Shion: When I was born, I was paralyzed in both of my legs. I can't walk at all so I have to be in a wheelchair.
Guy 1: What are your hobbies?
Shion: I cook at home, play video games, read books and help out my brother in basketball.
Girl 2: How do you have white hair?
Shion: I got that gene from my father.
Girl 3: Is your parents famous?
Shion: I guess so. My father owns a five star restaurant and is head chef. My mother owns a famous company.
Guy 2: Are you a boy?
I blush in embarrassment.
Shion: Yes, I am a boy.
I heard some guys being disappointed. I don't look that much feminine!
Girl 4: Are you dating anyone?
Shion: No.
Sensei: Okay guys, one more question please. We are still in class.
I look around to see raised hands until I made eye contact with a boy with light blue hair. I pointed at him.
Shion: You.
Sensei: Who are you pointing at?
Shion: Him, the boy with the blue hair.
Sensei finally noticed him.
Sensei: Oh! Kuroko! I didn't see you there! Okay, please ask your question.
Kuroko looked shocked for some reason. He put his hand down and asked his question.
Kuroko: Are you joining the basketball club?
Shion: Yes, I want to join the basketball club.
Suddenly, everyone was in their own conversations.
?: What? The basketball club?
?: How will he be any useful for it.
?: He can't even move, it's impossible to join in.

I can hear them clearly but ignored their comments. It doesn't matter that I can't physically play. I'll support them in the sidelines.
Sensei: Quiet!
Everyone shuts up.
Sensei: Sense today is the first day of school, we don't need to do that much. I have papers of what supplies you need for this class. Just pick one up and do whatever you want till lunch, okay.
Everyone: Yes Sensei!
Sensei: Okay, pass these around then you can do whatever.
Everyone took the paper and then started talking with each other while others stayed at their seat. Sensei gave me the supply list.
Sensei: Here you go Shirota-kun.
Shion: Thank you.
Sensei: Where would you like to sit?
I look around to see if there would be a comfortable space for me. Suddenly, I see Kuroko approaching us.
Kuroko: Sensei.
Sensei jumped up, surprised by Kuroko.
Sensei: Woah Kuroko! Where do you come from!?
Kuroko stared blankly at Sensei.
Kuroko: I just walked up to you.
Sensei: Oh....anyway, what can I do for you?
Kuroko: Can Shirota-san be next to me?
Sensei: Sure, if Shirota-kun is okay with it.
I nod to Sensei as he pushes me to Kuroko.
Sensei: Here, take care of him Kuroko-kun. I'm sure you two would be great friends.

Kuroko stays silent and pushes me to the desk, front row at the end. Kuroko puts me in front of the desk and sat down on a chair.
Shion: Hi, I'm Shirota Shion but you already know that.
Kuroko: My name is Kuroko Tetsuya, nice to meet you Shirota-san.
Shion: So, is there something you want to talk about? You wouldn't push me here and talk about nothing.
Kuroko stays silent for a few seconds and started talking.
Kuroko: How can you see me? People don't notice me until I approach to them.
Shion: Well....I can just see you. You're not invisible to me, I can clearly see you. I guess it has to do with my special ability.
Kuroko: Special ability?
Shion: Please don't tell anyone. I want to keep it a secret until I join the basketball club.
Kuroko nods and waits for me to speak again.
Shion: Well, I have this ability to analyze people's talents, stats, position, etc. I guess my sharp eyes noticed you, makes you not invisible to me.
Kuroko: Can you analyzed me?
Shion: Why?
Kuroko: I'm just curious.
Shion: Okay, wait. Let me get my notebook out.

I grabbed my bag and took out my notebook with my pencil.

(Ignore the cover but his note book is like this

(Ignore the cover but his note book is like this. He flips to a letter that is the first letter of a person's last name. Then he writes their name, stats, etc. and draws their whole body . Each person he analyzes is dedicated to one page.)

I quickly flip over to M and started to draw Murasakibara (he drew Murasakibara's whole body) and wrote down his stats, height, weight, talent, etc.
Kuroko: What's that?
Shion: With every person I analyze, I write down everything so I can come up with training schedules and know how to improve their bodies. I can also use this as an advantage in court so we more percentages of winning. I can also analyze my opponents and know their stats. What I'm doing right now, I'm writing all the information I got from a new friend I met.
I quickly finished it up, proud of my information I got.
Shion: Okay Kuroko, your turn.
My eyes flashed gold and analyzed
him. I quickly started flipping over to K and drew his whole body and stats.

~Kuroko Testsuya~

Height: 5'1"

Weight: 126 Ibs.

Position: ?

Talents: Misdirection, Invisible Pass, Cyclone Pass, Ignite Pass, Ignite Pass Kai, Vanishing Drive, Misdirection Drive, Phantom Shot, Quasi-Emperor Eye

Stats:

Physical Ability   
3/10   

Technique   
5/10

Stamina   
5/10

Mental Strength   
10/10

Special Ability   
10/10

Teamwork
10/10

   Wow, impressive. Kuroko has lots of potential, he may be physically weak but he makes it up with his misdirection. He's gonna be a great basketball player in the future but for now, I'll help him improve.
Kuroko: Well?
Shion: You have great potential of being a basketball player Kuroko-kun.
Kuroko: Thank you.
   Kuroko looks relieved and looked suddenly determined.
Kuroko: How are you joining Shirota-kun?
Shion: I'm gonna be assistant coach and manager. I want to support my team and help them strive to the top. I love basketball and I wish I could play myself but I will be useful in the sidelines.
Kuroko: I hope both of us will strive.
   We nod in agreement and smiled at each other. As time passes, we talked about each other and I guess we are friends now. The bell rings, indicating its lunch time.
Sensei: Have a good lunch guys!
   Students ran out while me and Kuroko stayed behind.
Shion: What are you doing for lunch Kuroko?
Kuroko: I'm going to buy my lunch, I'll be fine by my own during lunch. I don't want to drag you there Shirota-kun.
Shion: It's okay Kuroko-kun. I'll be fine, I have a friend taking me somewhere.
   Kuroko nods and leaves the classroom. I waited for a few minutes until Murasakibara opened the door.
Murasakibara: Let's go.
   He pushes me out the door and starts going somewhere.
Shion: Where are we going Mura-kun?
Murasakibara: I want to buy some bread they have at lunch but we'll eat in my classroom.
   He pushes me in front of a vending machine and stops.
Murasakibara: My classroom is only 3 classrooms away, I'll leave you here so I could get my bread. Please stay here.
Shion: No problem, I'll wait for you.
   Murasakibara nods and walks away. I sigh as I think of Kuroko and Murasakibara.
Shion: I made some interesting friends.
   Suddenly, somebody was in front of me.
?: Excuse me.

END