Chapter 11: Sadness

Third Person POV

Everyone in the basketball club was practicing. As usual Haizaki comes the in late.
Nijimura: You're late again!
Haizaki: Tch! Shut up!!
The gym goes silent as Haizaki never yells at Nijimura like that.
Haizaki: Where's the shitty blonde?
Shitty blonde? The members look at Kise since he's the only one that's blond. (Author: I think he is the only blonde, idk)
Kise: What do you want Haizaki?
Haizaki: I heard you got a promotion, congrats! But....
Haizaki points at Kise.
Haizaki: I challenge you to a one-on-one! Winner takes the spot for 1st string.
Everyone gasps as Kise looks at Haizaki bewilderedly.
Kise: W-What?
Haizaki: Unless...you're a pussy who thinks they can't fucking win against a person like me. Are you scared?
Kise was shaking. Shion immediately rolls over to Kise.
Shion: No Ryota! You shouldn't!
Kise: It's okay Shion...I'll accept, I'll beat you in a one-on-one.
Shion: No! Seijiro, they shouldn't-!

Akashi holds a hand up at Shion, stopping him from talking.
Akashi: I'll allow this.
Shion: What-!
Aomine pulls Shion back, calming him down. Shion felt worried for Kise as he has a bad feeling about this.

The game started as Haizaki mercilessly defeats Kise, to the point that he's on his knees with Haizaki looking down on him.
Haizaki: Pathetic, I'm being replaced by this.
Kise trembles and suddenly, the gym door burst opens, revealing a very revealing female student running over to Haizaki.
?: Haizaki~! There you were~!
Haizaki: Tana..
They kiss as Kise looks at them in shock.
Kise: Tana-chan, I thought we..
Haizaki: Obviously she was using you.

Kise looking defeated, stood up and left the gym, leaving the gym in silence.

Shion's POV

I can't believe that Haizaki would do something so cruel to Ryota.
Haizaki: Hahaha! That wimp. Can't believe a baby like him was able to join this lame-
Before I knew it, I was able to slap Haizaki in the face, making everyone shocked.
Shion: I can't believe you would do this to Ryota, who has more talent than a scum like you who is jealous of his skills and replaced you from this team. Atsushi-kun, please open the door for me.
Atsushi opens the gym door for me and I turned to Seijiro.
Shion: Please continue, I'll talk to Ryota.
Seijiro nods and orders everyone to go back to practice.

I rolled outside to find Ryota, to find him on a bench, his face in his hands. I go up to him.
Shion: Ryota...
Kise: Please go away Shion-cchi, I....need to be alone.
I shook my head.
Shion: No, I'll not turn away from a friend who is in distress.
It was silent between us until Ryota spoke again.
Kise: Am I worthless Shion-cchi?
Shion: No.
Kise: Am I a failure?
Shion: No.
Ryota voice falters and cracks.
Kise: D-Do I even deserve to be i-in the team?
Tears starts to fall from Ryota, I gently pat Ryota's head. I gently spoke to him.
Shion: Ryota, please come down to my level.

Ryota was hesitant but obliged. He sat on his knees as he covers his eyes, hiding his tears from me.

 He sat on his knees as he covers his eyes, hiding his tears from me

Shion: Ryota....you are not worthless or a failure. You do deserve to be on the team, your own talents strive you to do your best. Beating Haizaki doesn't matter....Haizaki is a scum. Even going low as stealing your girlfriend. You're one of the best players out there.

I held his face as I wiped his tears with my thumb. Our eyes looking at each others.
Shion: I don't regret my choices of asking you to join. It was the best decision I have ever made so pick yourself back up and face him.
I gently held his head and put it on my lap. I stroke his hair to calm him down as Ryota hugs his arms around my waist.
Shion: You're an amazing person, that girl made a mistake of using you. I'm sure there is someone that's in for you and not using you as a toy. They would love your bubbly personality and wonderful nature.
Ryota cries as I keep stroking his hair. I smile as I gently hug his head. He tightly hugs me, not letting me go but I'm fine with that. It took a while but Ryota stopped crying and stood up proud.
Kise: I'll go back to practice now Shion-cchi!
Shion: Don't let Haizaki get to you. I'm sure you'll find someone you'll love more than that girl as they'll love you back much the same.
Kise: *whispers* I have found them and it's you.
I turn to Kise as I didn't hear him.
Shion: Did you say something Ryota?
Kise: Nothing Shion-cchi! Let's go~!

Third person POV

They both went back to the gym together as Kise's heart grew more for Shion.