Chapter 7: Dicovering the Shadow's Talent

A/N: I'm sorry~! I was too busy with school and had no time to update. I'm very sorry you guys!

Shion's POV

   I was helping Kuroko improve his body. Aomine went home early while Kuroko and I stay at the gym. While Kuroko was practicing, I didn't notice Akashi coming in.
Shion: Tetsu-kun! Steady your stamina and body, you'll run out of energy soon!
Kuroko: Hai!
We were improving slowly but Kuroko is getting better. I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder.
Shion: Aah!!
I quickly turn my head around to see Akashi-san.
Shion: A-Akashi-san! What are you doing here!?
Akashi: I heard that a ghost was here but I was curious so I decided to check it out. Turns out, it was only you twos
Shion: S-Sorry for using the gym without your permission.
Akashi: It's alright Shirota-kun. I see you're helping a fellow teammate.

Kuroko stopped, he heard us talking.
Kuroko: Akashi-san, what are you doing here?
Akashi: I rather not explain again but Kuroko-kun, I see the talent in you.
Kuroko: You do? Shion does too but I can't figure it out...

~Time Skip~

We are doing a practice match against each other. Over the course of 2 weeks, we improved immensely. As I was taking notes, Kuroko came up to Akashi and I. Akashi was taking a break after his match and wanted to sit next to me, but I don't know why he would though.
Kuroko: Shion, Akashi-san, I finally figured it out.
Shion: You did Tetsuya! Good job!
I yelled happily as I clapped my hands together excitedly.
Kuroko: Akashi-san, may I show my new skills on a match?
Akashi: I don't see why not, I'll tell the captain.

Akashi walks away, leaving me alone with Kuroko.
Shion: I'm happy for you Tetsuya! I can't wait to see your new skills!
Kuroko: Thank you Shion, it's all thanks to you.
Shion: Me? What did I do?
Kuroko: You've helped me all the way and never gave up on me. I'm very great full to you.
Kuroko bows, making me very embarrassed.
Shion: Tetsuya! You don't have to bow! I'm great full for helping you!
Akashi came back with Nijimura-Senpai.
Akashi: Captain agreed to let you be in a match.
Kuroko: Thank you Akashi-san, Captain. I'll go right now.
   Kuroko runs away to the court, I turn to Nijimura-senpai.
Shion: Thank you Nijimura-senpai, I'm thankful for letting my friend have this opportunity.
   I bow and I felt a hand pat my head.
Nijimura: It's fine Shirota-kun. If he is being trained by you, I'm sure he'll do great.
   I smile at him and suddenly, a whistle was heard.
Coach: One last match for today! Our captain request for this! 3rd string, go now.

   Those who were in 3rd string went on the court, including Kuroko.
Shion: Good luck Kuroko!!
   I cheered him on. I saw him turn to me and gave me a thumbs up. I smile as I gave a thumbs up to him back.

Kuroko's POV

   I shouldn't waste this opportunity. I'll prove to everyone that I'm strong enough, Shion's training won't go to waste. I tap on one of my teammates shoulder scaring them.
Kuroko: Can you pass it to me when you have the ball.
   He nods and we got to our positions.

Shion's POV

   The game started and the player on Kuroko's side got the ball. As the game goes on, we didn't see Kuroko's special skill yet.
Shion: Come on....
   Finally, the ball was passed to Kuroko but suddenly in a flash, the ball was in another players hand.

Confused by the sudden ball, he quickly scored, making Kuroko's team in the lead

Shion: Go Tetsuya!
   As the match goes on, making people look at the match with shock and awe, Kuroko's team won.
Shion: Good job Tetsuya! Come here!
   Kuroko walked over, as he was coming closer, I pulled him down and hugged him in happiness.
Shion: I'm proud of you Tetsuya, great game.
Kuroko: Thank you Shion.
   We let go and Akashi comes over.
Akashi: Good job Kuroko, your skills will be an asset to our team.
Shion: Can Kuroko be in the official games now?

   The coach comes over, hearing out conversation.
Coach: I don't know Shirota-kun, is he capable?
Shion: Kuroko is amazing, please let him in the games. He'll help us win better with the new skill he has. Please coach!
   I begged the to the coach and he eventually gave in.
Coach: Alright, he'll play in our first game. If he fails, however, he'll stay in third string. If we win, I'll meet be him up to first string.
Shion: Thank you coach!
Coach: No problem.
   Coach went back and yell at the boys to go change.
Shion: Tetsuya, what are you gonna call your new moves?
Kuroko: I named it Misdirection. It's fitting for it.
Shion: You're right, when you're done changing, let's go to Magi burger to celebrate.
Kuroko: Alright, I'll be back Shion.

   Kuroko walks away, leaving me alone.
Shion: I'm so proud of you Tetsuya...

END