Chapter 1: Starting a new day

~Shion's POV~

   I was happily sleeping in my comfortable bed until I was smacked in the face.
Shizuki: Wake up little brother!
I slowly opened my eyes as I see my sister standing happily next to me with my pillow.

Shizuki: Wake up little brother!   I slowly opened my eyes as I see my sister standing happily next to me with my pillow

(Shizuki)

Shion: W-Why did you hit me with a pillow?
Shizuki: Well you have to be early for your first day in junior high! I want to drop you off to school with Satoshi!
   I look at the clock to see that it's 6 am.
Shion: But it's so early, school starts at 7 am.
Shizuki: Well, as the saying goes "The earlier, the better!"
Shion: Who says that?
Shizuki: Me! Now get dressed! Satoshi will help you out as always, I'll call him!
   Shizuki ran out of my room as I sat up and rubbed my tired red eyes.
Shion: *yawns* Why is she always energetic in the morning?
Satoshi: Because Shizu is 90% full of sugar every morning.
I turn to see Satoshi leaning against my door.

(Satoshi)

Shion: Good morning Satoshi.
Satoshi: Morning Shio!
He walks over to me and rubs my bed hair.
Satoshi: Ready for junior high!
I looked at Satoshi worryingly.
Shion: I don't know....What if they don't accept me in the basketball club because of my situation?
Satoshi smiles sadly as he hugs me affectionately.
Satoshi: They are gonna accept you. Just because you can't physically play doesn't mean you are useless. With the talent you have, they will want you to be in the team so don't worry okay.
I nod as I hug him back. As we hug, it was ruined once Shizuki walks in.
Shizuki: Hey! We don't have time to cuddle each other! Hurry up Satoshi, I want to take Shion to school!
Satoshi: Kay, just wait downstairs for us!
Shizuki salutes to us and went away. Satoshi let's go of our hug and got my clothes for school.
Satoshi: Dress up! After you are done with everything you need, I'll carry you downstairs.
Satoshi left me alone to change my clothes. It took a little while but I finally have everything on.
Shion: Satoshi! I'm done changing, you can come in now!
Satoshi walks in and looked impressed for some reason.
Satoshi: You look good in my old uniform, can't believe it fits you.
Shion: It's fine, it feels comfortable.
Satoshi: Okay, hop on my back!
Satoshi turns around and bends over for me to piggy back ride on his back. I hopped on as he catches me.
Satoshi: I feel like you get heavier each time I keep doing this.
I blush in embarrassment as I lightly hit him in the head.
Shion: Shuuuut up, I'm not that heavy. *pout*
Satoshi: Suuure you're not. *chuckles*
   Satoshi takes me to my bathroom. He helps me brush my teeth and he also brushes my hair.
Shion: You don't have to brush my hair, I can do that myself.
Satoshi: It's okay, I like brushing your hair. It's so soft and fluffy, like a bunny.
   Once he was done straightening my bed hair, he made me get on his back again and carried me.

Satoshi carries me downstairs. When we got to the bottom, we were greeted by our dog and cat.

 When we got to the bottom, we were greeted by our dog and cat

Shion: Hi Shepard, Gin

   When me and Satoshi were going home from the basketball court when I was 8, we found these two cuddling each other. Shepard was a puppy while Gin was a kitten. When we approach them, Shepard started growling at us while protecting Gin. I calmly rolled up to them and reached my hand out to pet him. Once Shepard sense no danger from me, he let me pet him on the head.

   From that day on, they were our loving pets. We name the dog Shepard because apparently, he's a mix of a German Shepard and a Husky, so we decided to just call him Shepard. We named our cat Gin because of his silver eyes.

Satoshi carried me to the kitchen, with Shepard and Gin following us, to see my family members all there.
Shizuki: What took you guys so long!? We waited hooours!
Satoshi plops me down on a chair next to our mother, who was reading an article while eating breakfast our father made us.
Satoshi: Shion was changing his clothes, you're just inpatient.
   Satoshi pats Shizuki's head as he sat down next to her. Shizuki rubs her head and pouts.
Shizuki: Just because you are one year older than me, doesn't mean you treat me like a child!
Father: Calm down Shizuki.
   Father comes over and hands us our breakfast.
Father: Satoshi is only teasing you.
   He also pats Shizuki's head, making her more mad.
Mother: Stop it, the more you tease her, the more likely she will explode.
   My mother got up and put her dishes in the sink. She got her purse and kissed my father on the cheek.
Mother: Good luck on the restaurant.
   My father also kissed her back.
Father: Good luck on the company.
   She smiles and waves us good-bye.
Mother: Good luck at school guys!
   She leaves the house as we continue eating breakfast.

   When we were done, Satoshi got my bag and wheelchair.
Satoshi: Dad, carry Shion and put him on the wheelchair.
   Father picked me up and carefully puts me down on my wheelchair.
Shion: Thank you father.
Father: Why are you always so formal?It's okay to call me dad.
Shion: It's just weird to just call you dad.
Father: Well, everyone is different.
   He pats my head and opens the door for us. He hands us all bentos, well for me he gave me two because I eat a lot. I can't be satisfied with one bento. Shepard and Gin were next to my father, looking at us leaving.

Father: Have fun at school guys.
Shizuki: We will!
Satoshi: Don't worry about us.
   Satoshi pushed me outside as we walked to my school. Our house is very close to Teiko middle school so Satoshi and Shizuki are fine walking with me to school.
Shizuki: I can't wait for you to enter the same school as us when we were your age! You will be so popular with the boys!
Shion: No I will not!
   I blush in embarrassment as the two laugh at my embarrassment. They are laughing because since I was in preschool, boys had an attraction to me. They call me cute and tried to ask me out, which was weird.

   Even girls call me cute and adorable. They made me wear their dresses, which was also embarrassing.
Satoshi: You're such a cinnamon roll Shion.
Shion: What is that supposed to mean?
Shizuki: You'll learn when you're older Cinnamon Roll.
   I sigh in frustration as they keep teasing me. After 5 minutes, we finally got to school.
Satoshi: See you later, good luck at basketball.
Shizuki: Don't worry, you'll get in. You are very talented.
Shion: Thanks you guys, same to you too.
   They both hugged me and walked off to their own destination. They go to different high schools but they travel to school and going home together. Shizuki is 17 and is really talented at music, she plays 3 different instruments. Satoshi is 18 and he is really good at basketball. He is on his last year of high school and is thinking of going to colleges outside of Japan.

   I sigh and look at the school in front of me.
Shion: Well, time to start my first day.
   I rolled my wheelchair past the front gate as my life will change right now.

   END