Chapter 3

Chapter 3

       When Zayden had dance rehearsals after school, I went with him and watched the rehearsal so we wouldn't waste car gas going to our house and then all the way to the dance studio. 

       I have watched their dances so many times that I knew them by heart.

       Right now, Zayden and Echo were in another room working on their duet, and the rest of the team was working on a group dance. Instead of doing my homework, I was watching the group dance rehearse their routine. I always more than enough time to do my homework when I got home, and it was much more entertaining watching them dance.

       Their dances were always so amazing. No wonder D.A.N.C.E was one of the top studios in this state.

       Part of me was starting to want to be part of the studio; to be part of the team and perform during competitions in my own name, not in Zayden's. But the other part of me knew that was never going to happen. I hated being in front of people and the only reason why I was able to perform a few days ago was because I was pretending to be Zayden. If I messed up, people would have been judging him, not me.

       I would have felt bad either way, but it wouldn't have been the same if people knew I was the one performing.

       Dad was watching the group dance too, giving them some feedback. Zayden suddenly walked into the studio and over to dad, looking quite angry. Or annoyed. One of the two.

       Zayden said something to Dad and Dad nodded before Zayden left the studio, grabbing his bag first.

       "Dad?" I said.

       "Yeah?" Dad asked.

       "Where's Zayden going?" I asked.

       "Home," Dad said. 

       "And....Why is he going home without me?" I asked. "The only reason I come here is because he needed to come here after school and it would save a lot more time and gas if I came as well."

       "I wouldn't want to go home with him if I were you, though," Dad said. "The only reason why I let him leave early was because he looked mad and it's best not to be around him when he's mad."

       I sighed. "So, I have to stay here while he gets to go home, even though I come here for him? Can't I just get my own car?"

       "You can if you can afford one," Dad said.

       "Can't I have my and Zayden's car and he buys a new one?" I asked.

       "Sure, if he were to agree with it, which he probably won't," Dad said.

       I sighed. This wasn't the first time it happened; Zayden taking the car when I needed it too, that is. He always seemed to think his reasons were priority over mine, even when they weren't.

       Echo walked into the studio as well and over to Dad. "Ryder, quick question," she said. "I mean, no offense or anything, but why did you have to pair me and Zayden up for the duet? We can't decide over anything."

       "Well, I was hoping you two would put away whatever feud you have for the duet," Dad said. "Your styles are the most complimentary, which is perfect for a duet."

       "Not when one half of the duet is an egotistical drama king," Echo said. "He stormed out just because I didn't agree with one of his ideas when he has shut down all of mine."

       "Look, the duet competition isn't for another three weeks," Dad said. "You'll have time to figure it out, and I'll make sure Zayden actually listens to your ideas instead of shutting them down. You two are going to have to compromise instead of trying to control the whole dance for yourselves."

       "I still don't think it's going to work out," Echo said. "He's not even willing to try. He just stormed out, and I bet he went home, didn't he?"

       "He did," Dad said. "How about you work out some ideas by yourself and run it by him during the next rehearsal? If he shuts down all the ideas again, then show me your ideas and I'll give my feedback. He won't be able to refuse them if I give it the okay."

       Echo sighed. "Fine, I'll go work out some ideas." She headed back to the studio she was working in.

       "I don't get why you paired them up," I said to Dad. "They never get along."

       "Only because Zayden always has to have everything his way," Dad said. "And Echo is always confident with her ideas and doesn't do just what anyone else says, so it's a good challenge for Zayden to learn how to listen to other people. That, and their dance styles really are the most complimentary. They shouldn't have any problems with a duet if they actually work out their problems."

       Yeah, Zayden learning how to listen to other people seems highly improbable.

      Luckily, the dance rehearsal wasn't for much longer. I had to wait with Dad until everyone else left so he could lock up. I was still a bit mad Zayden left without even taking me home as well. I didn't care if he was angry or annoyed with Echo. I was always at the studio for him.

       We got home right as Mom was finished making dinner. "What's up with Zayden?" she asked Dad. "He came home looking very annoyed."

       "Just arguing with the girl he has a duet with," Dad said.

      "Oh, the girl he has a crush on," Mom said.

      "I do not have a crush on her," Zayden said as he came down the stairs. "Not anymore that is. Yeah, after spending all that time with her, there is no way I could like someone like her."

       "Why? Because she doesn't listen to all of your ideas?" Dad asked. "Zayden, you can't have everything go your way. Other people want to contribute to the dance team as well."

      "Oh, it's not just because she wouldn't listen to my ideas," Zayden said. "It's other reasons that I'd rather not get into because repeating it would only make me more angry, and I'm already angry as it is."

       "No, really?" Willow said sarcastically as she helped Mom set the table. "We thought you were happy considering you slammed both the front door and your bedroom door shut."

      "Oh, shut up," Zayden said.

      "I'm just saying," Willow said. 

__________________

Guyssss I hate being sick. :( For starters, my throat feels really dry, no matter how much water I drink. And whenever I'm sick, my memory goes blank. Like, it took my five minutes to remember a word I was thinking of.

It's all because my six year old sister decided to be clingy to me yesterday and she's really sick. Like I haven't been sick for a long time, so thanks for this.

Anywayyyy I'm probably going to be updating this book a lot oops. cx I just have way too many ideas for it.