Chapter 4

Chapter 4

       For the past couple days, Zayden has been mad at me for some reason. He kept ignoring me when I was trying to talk to him and he was constantly scowling, mainly in my direction. I didn't even know what I did for him to be mad at me and whenever I asked him why he was mad, he told me I was imagining things.

       Right, I was imagining things, just like Mom, Dad, and Willow because they have noticed Zayden's behavior change, but they never asked him about it. They only asked me what was wrong with my brother.

       If only I knew.

      I was in my psychology class right now, listening to most pairs complain about the deadline for the paper, which was due at the end of the class. The teacher was giving us to the end of class to make sure everything was ready and apparently, some pairs weren't even close to being done.

       They claimed they didn't have enough time to do it, when they actually did. Even Kingsley and his partner finished, and Kingsley was the biggest procrastinator ever, and he told me he actually did his share of the work for once.

      The people who didn't finish their papers were going to get a late penalty ever day they didn't hand it in.

       When the bell rang to end the class, I told Eleanor I would hand in the paper. She thanked me before packing up her things and leaving. I packed up my things as well, stopping off at the teacher's desk to hand in the paper before leaving the class.

       Kingsley was already outside of the classroom and as soon as I walked out, he grabbed my arm and pulled me away from everyone. "I need to tell you something," Kingsley said. "And because I'm you're best friend, it's best that you hear it from me instead of seeing it or hearing about it."

       I furrowed my eyebrows. "Okay?"

       "So, I walked inside the school a bit before the bell rang since Makenna was taking forever getting ready," Kingsley said. "Seriously, I was ready to just drive to school without her, but Dad wouldn't let me because I'm supposed to be the 'nice' brother. Uh, no, I'm the only brother in the family, so I could be mean if I want."

       "Yeah, I'm lost," I said.

       "Sorry, that was me rambling because my sister is annoying," Kingsley said. "Well, sisters. Liberty is annoying too. Cerise is the only sane one. What I want to know is why I couldn't get a brother. Do you know how hard it is being the only one attracted to girls in my family? Very hard."

       "You're rambling again," I said. "Can this wait? I'm really hungry."

       "No, it can't wait," Kingsley said. "Anyway, when I was heading to my locker in the morning, the bell rang, and that was when I saw Eleanor hug someone, and he kissed her cheek. So....Eleanor has a boyfriend."

       "That was what you wanted me to hear from you and not from anyone else?" I asked. "I'm totally fine with that. Look, I got used to the idea that we will probably never be together because I've liked her for years, and only recently started actually talking to her."

       "It's Zayden," Kingsley said.

       "....What?"

       "Zayden is Eleanor's boyfriend," Kingsley said. "I even talked to her about it afterwards, and she told me that he asked her out a few days ago."

       I didn't even know how to react to that. Zayden liked Echo, then all of a sudden he didn't, and now he liked Eleanor?

       "Now you see why I wanted you to hear it from me and not anyone else?" Kingsley asked.