Chapter 10

We got some French in this chapter. cx

Chapter 10

       Zayden told me he was going to try talking to Eleanor today, but considering how upset he looked at lunch while us Princes sat at a table meant for ten, things did not go well. 

       "Zayden, why do you have to look so sad?" Kingsley asked. "You're ruining the mood for us?"

       "Hey, he got his heart broken, leave him alone," Gray said.

       "Who told you that?" Zayden asked in a quiet voice.

       "No one, I could just tell," Gray said. "Just kidding, my brother told me. Ryder, that is. I don't think Alan would care if you got your heart broken. Or Nolan. Or William."

       "Thanks," Zayden said sarcastically.

       "What? They wouldn't," Gray said.

       "Aww, did Eleanor break up with you?" Kingsley asked. "Do you need a hug?"

       I rolled my eyes. They were all going to keep bugging him about it. One thing about have a huge family; it was hard not to be bugged over everything.

       "Did you try talking to her yet?" I asked.

       Zayden sighed. "Yeah. She didn't want to talk to me."

       Well, it was official. I was going to try talking to her sometime today. Zayden really liked her, and I had never seen him look so upset before. I didn't even care if part of him started dating her to spite me. Like I said, he would never date he just for that reason. He did like her.

       "I wonder why," Kingsley muttered, and I just elbowed his side. "What? He has been very arrogant these past couple days."

       "Yeah, but he wasn't being arrogant to Eleanor," I said.

       Kingsley gave me a look as if to ask why I was defending Zayden. I would explain things to him later when nobody else was around.

       "Can we change the subject, please?" Zayden asked.

       "Ooh, I have something to talk about," Magnolia said. "Apparently, we're getting a new student. He's moving here, from....I don't know, actually. France, maybe? They said he's French."

       "Not all French people come from France, Nolie," Gray said.

       "I know that, you idiot," Magnolia said. "I was just guessing. You have a better guess?" Gray opened his mouth to say something, but then closed it. "That's what I thought."

       Kingsley suddenly gasped. "No way. It's my uncle."

       "Me?" Gray asked.

       "No, go away," Kingsley said before gesturing towards the entrance of the cafeteria where a very recognizable guy was standing talking to the French teacher. Kingsley then, of course, stood up and shouted. "Hey! Oncle Octave! C'est moi, ton neveu préféré!"

       "Uh, no, I'm his favourite nephew," Zayden said.

       "No, go away," Kingsley said.

        "Are you just saying that for everything?"

        "Yes, now go away," Kingsley before looking back at Octave, who was looking over now, so Kingsley waved him over. "Octave, par ici! Asseyez-vous avec nous! S'il vous plait?!"

       "Would you sit down and stop yelling?" Makenna asked.

       "I'm sorry, I don't take demands from my younger siblings," Kingsley said. "Unless Cerise asked me to. Because she's nice and my favourite sister."

       "Hey, it's not fair to have a favourite sister," Liberty said.

       "You're only saying that because I didn't pick you," Kingsley said. "Cerise is the least annoying one, so she's my favourite sister."

       Octave walked over to us and sat down in the last empty seat.

       "Uh, that's reserved for Princes only," Lilac said.

       "Go away, Lilac," Kingsley said before looking at Octave. "Qui est ton neveu préféré? Moi?"

       "Non, moi," Zayden said.

       "Non, il est un Roy," Kingsley said. "Je suis un Prince-Roy."

       "So?" 

       "Et je suis le fils de son frère préféré."

       "Uh, Je n'ai pas de neveu préféré," Octave said.

       "Lame," Kingsley said.

       Octave was my mom and Jerome's half-brother. After their parents got married, they had a son shortly after. They lived in Miami for a bit, then moved to Montreal, so Octave mainly spoke French and didn't know much English. They did come down here for a visit, but he didn't have to speak English since Mom and Jerome both spoke French, and since Dad did too, Mom and Dad taught it to me, Zayden, and Willow.

       I guessed Octave's parents decided to move to Miami once again.

       Kingsley then began talking to Octave, and I soon spotted Eleanor close to the cafeteria. She was just looking at her phone, so I got up and walked over to her. "Hey," I said.

       Eleanor looked up at me, not smiling like she usually did when she talked to everyone. "Look, if you're going to talk to me about Zayden...."

       I held up my hands in defense. "Hey, I just wanted to say hi." She raised an eyebrow. "Okay, I did want to talk about Zayden. He's really upset, you know."

       "And he should be," Eleanor said. "He never even liked me and it felt like he was using me."

       "He wasn't," I said. "Zayden isn't the type of guy to use someone, and I'm not just saying that because he's my brother. Seriously, I don't even know why I'm doing this because he was mad at me for no reason, but....he really likes you, Eleanor. He just going through something which was probably why it didn't seem like he was giving you much attention or whatever."

       "I don't know...."

       "Can you just give him one more chance?" I asked. "He's no longer going through what he was and he will actually treat you a lot better. I promise."

       Eleanor stared at me for a bit before looking at where my family was sitting. "Okay, I'll talk to him after school," she said. "He looks busy talking to that new kid. You know him?"

       "Yeah, that's our uncle," I said.

       "Wow, you have a lot of aunts and uncles close to your age," Eleanor said. "Thank you, though. For convincing me to give Zayden another chance. I really do like him."

       "No problem," I said before she walked over.

       Echo then walked up to me. "Hey," she said, giving me a smile and I couldn't help but smile back. "Did you give anymore thought about join the dance team?"

       "I'm not sure I will," I said. "I just....I don't know. It seems too stressful for me right now."

       "Oh," Echo said and I swore I saw some disappointment on her face. "Well, it is your decision in the end and I don't want to force you to if you don't want to. Just....do what makes you happy, okay?"

       "Okay," I said. She gave me a faint smile before walking away.

       I wanted to join the team, but being around her even longer was really going to hurt me. I knew how much it hurt when Zayden started dating Eleanor, and I really couldn't hurt him in the same way.

_____________

Snakesak ssssssss. (lol sorry I had to)(for those who don't know Isak is my child and he's a snake)

Aww Rhys is a little cinnamon roll. Annnnd we have a new Roy character. :D So Jerome's dad and Mae's mom ended up having Octave a year after the twins and Kingsley were born. Jerome is happy to have a brother, even one who is, like, 23 years younger. cx