Chapter 21

Chapter 21

       Family was always such an important thing with us Princes, so every once in a while, we would have a huge family dinner instead of just having one on the holidays because let's face it, there weren't enough holidays for us to spend together.

       And because Willow was so adamant on having Echo meet the rest of the family, Zayden ended up inviting her for me. Echo really wanted to meet my family, so she told her parents that we were going to be having an extra rehearsal at the studio.

       We always had dinners at Jerome and Nolan's house, since theirs was always big enough to fit our whole family.

       My siblings and my parents were always the first to show up since we lived right beside them, and Echo showed up shortly after we did. It was going to take everyone a while to come since my dad had nine siblings.

       As soon as Grandma and Grandpa showed up and found out Echo was my girlfriend, they immediately started shipping us. Although, they were a bit confused at first since they knew Zayden used to like her, and Grandma even almost blabbed about Zayden liking Echo.

       And when they found out Zayden and Eleanor broke up, they were heart broken. Well, until they found out exactly why. Then they swore to never ship Zaydeleanor ever again.

       Right now, Echo and I were sitting on the couch and I was playing with my one year old cousin, Amaryllis as we were waiting for my last uncle and my great-grandpa to show up. She was always such a happy baby and loved it when people made her laugh.

       Amaryllis was my aunt Orchid and uncle Atticus's daughter, and they also had a son Willow's age named Stiles.

       My other cousins were twelve year olds Jasmine and Dahlia. Jasmine was my aunt Tulip and uncle Xavier's daughter, and Dahlia was my uncle Alan and aunt Athena's daughter.

       My family has an obsession with using flower names, and my grandpa always got a tattoo of any flower names used in the family. His left arm had a lot of tattoos.

       "Does you family like shipping people?" Echo asked me.

       "Oh, if you think that was bad, wait for my great-grandpa to show up," I said. Grandpa Gene was, as he stated, the master at shipping. He had been shipping people ever since he was a teenager and now, being in his 80's, he wouldn't stop.

       "Hey, Dad?" Gray said. "I forgot to ask. Can Magnolia and I throw a party on Halloween?"

       "Absolutely not," Grandma said.

       "Oh, sorry, I didn't know you were my dad," Gray said. "And wouldn't you rather have us be at home where you know we'll be, instead of out making bad choices?"

       "Yeah," Magnolia said. "We'll be at home, and Gray wouldn't be smoking pot."

       Gray glared at Magnolia. "That was one time."

       "Who cares if he is?" Grandpa said.

       "Grayson!" Grandma said.

       "What? If people can get it for medical reasons, then it's not bad," Grandpa said.

       "It's illegal," Grandma pointed out.

       "Yeah, and so is drinking underage, but that didn't stop me," Grandpa said. "Or Ryder. Or Jerome. Or Mae. Or Alan. Basically all our children and in-laws except for Nolan."

       "No, he did once," Alan said. "Jerome was in Montreal, and he was stressing out so he got drunk. Such a cute little drunk."

       "What?" Kingsley asked. "So Dad, you can get drunk but I can't smoke?"