Chapter 29

I GOT TWO RECHO GIFS I'M USING THIS CHAPTER YUS #Laegifs

Chapter 29

       Since Echo was still going to be dancing with us at Nationals, she was still rehearsing with us as much as she could before she had to go on tour.

       Unfortunately, her parents wanted to make sure she was ready for both Nationals and the tour, so they asked Dad if they could sit in on today's rehearsal. Well, they didn't really ask. They basically told Dad they were going to sit in on the rehearsal.

       Dad couldn't really say no since I used to sit in rehearsals all the time when I wasn't part of the team.

       It was honestly a bit awkward with them watching since Echo never told her parents that I was her boyfriend, or that she had a boyfriend. They thought dating was a complete waste of time and that she should be focusing on her dancing.

       Even though Echo and I had very strong chemistry, and that was what made out duets so good.

       Zayden was the one running the rehearsal for our final dance since Dad had to get some paperwork done, and Zayden was the one who choreographed most of the dance. Not only that, but he was a very strong leader, which was shown when he got mad at his own cousin for not paying attention. 

       Kingsley and Calliope were officially a couple and honestly, they were a very cute couple. They both seemed really happy, but their happiness and them being all couply was getting in the way of rehearsal.

       "Seriously, Kingsley, I am this close to benching you," Zayden said. 

       "You can't bench me when I'm your older cousin," Kingsley said.

       "How many times do I have to tell you that you're younger than me?" Zayden said. "Your birthday comes after mine, you know that."

       Kingsley just shrugged, though I could tell he wasn't done bugging Zayden.

       "Let's just get to rehearsal, please," Echo said.

       "Thank you, Echo, for actually being willing to listen to the dance captain," Zayden said.

       "I'll listen to Rhys," Kingsley said. "He's the better looking twin."

       "We're identical," Zayden said.

       "But glasses makes him ho--" Echo began, but she cut herself off when she remembered that her parents were there. They, thankfully, weren't listening to our conversation. They were just talking to each other, but it wouldn't be long before they started paying attention again. "I mean, let's just actually rehearse."

       "I can't," Kingsley said. "My favourite cousin didn't say we have to rehearse."

       Zayden knew exactly how to win this argument. "Hey, remember that secret you told me and Rhys?"

       "I'm not a secretive person," Kingsley said.

       "Really?" Zayden said. "So everybody knows that you were ho--"

       Kingsley quickly realized what Zayden meant, and was going to say, so he quickly cut Zayden off. "I suddenly want to start rehearsing and stop being a pest," he said.

       "Good," Zayden said.

       He led us through the dance, which we already learned at the last two rehearsals. We were just cleaning up the moves before we went through it with music twice.