Chapter 5

Shout out to FlowerOfCamelis for the cover!

Chapter 5

       Zayden was definitely dating Eleanor to spite me. At least, part of him was. He always seemed to be rubbing his and Eleanor's relationship in my face and I was getting really annoyed by it. I wasn't the type of person to get mad, but I was starting to.

       Kingsley even tried talking to Zayden to see why he was mad at me, but Zayden gave him the exact same reasoning he gave me. "You're just imagining things."

       And speaking of Kingsley, he decided to just walk into our house without knocking on the door. He did that all the time considering we literally lived right beside each other.

       "Thank you so much for knocking," Dad said. "I swear, you are just like your dad."

       "Which one?" Kingsley asked. "I have two."

       "Yes, I am aware of that," Dad said. "I said your dad, so I'm pretty sure I'm talking about my brother."

       "Ooh, speaking of brothers, Rhys's brother is a jerk," Kingsley said, and I gave him a look that told him to stop talking. Dad and Mom knew that Zayden had a girlfriend. They just didn't know that his girlfriend was my crush.

       I should have known Kingsley wasn't going to stop talking. All he did was talk.

       "Why is Zayden a jerk?" Dad asked.

       "Because he's dating the girl Rhys has liked for many years," Kingsley said, which made me sigh. Why couldn't he ever just stop talking for one?

       "Wait, really?" Dad asked. "Well, does Zayden know that Rhys likes her?"

       "Yep," Kingsley said. "He's only dating her to spite Rhys. I don't know why. Zayden is just mad at Rhys for some reason and he's not telling anyone, even me, and I'm like the best cousin ever."

       "You know, some things you should really keep to yourself," I said.

       "I should, but I thought I'd let your dad know how big of a jerk his son is," Kingsley said.

       "Rhys, do you want me to talk to Zayden?" Dad asked.

       "No," I said. "I don't even know what I did for him to be mad at me so if he's going to keep acting like this, then I'll just let him figure things out by himself. Besides, Zayden doesn't seem to be the type of guy to use a girl, so I do think he at least has some feelings for her."

       "So, you're letting him date her?" Kingsley asked.

       "Yeah, why wouldn't I?" I asked. "It's their choice, not mine."

       "You, my friend, are too good for this cruel world," Kingsley said. "So, Uncle Ryder, what's for dinner?"

       "Are you expecting to eat here or something?" Dad asked.