Loki x Reader➳Our Future

Words: 997

Warnings: lots of feels (also y/n/n = your nickname)

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

You sat on the edge of your bed late at night. You couldn't sleep. Each day you stayed in bed unless you were called in for another Avengers mission. You were like this for weeks after you ended things with your long term boyfriend.
Loki Laufyson.
You had psychic powers as did he so the two of you connected the first time you met. You used to put up with him even though you thought of him as a pain in the ass. But instead of enjoying being single finally, you stayed inside sulking all day. You loved the idea of being free to do what you want at the time but after the two of you broke up you missed him more than ever. His delicate touches on your soft skin. The way he plays with the ends of your hair late at night and his sweet soft kisses on your lips.
One early morning you decided to suck it up and leave your room for once and enjoy the day with your best friend, Natasha Romanoff. You texted her to meet you at the entrance to the Avengers tower in half and hour.
After you had put your h/c hair into a messy bun you put on a f/c tank top with high-waisted jeans and a leather jacket on. You began walking down the hallway where all the Avengers' rooms were located when you stopped abruptly to glance at Loki's room. His door was cracked open and you peeked through and saw that he was asleep. His bed was covered in stains along with his clothes. His hair was extremely untidy and oily. His room was flooded with trash. It was mostly take out food. His eyes opened quickly and were looking right into yours and your face turned bright red and you ran away down the hallway.
You arrived and Nat was leaning against a wall waiting.
She saw you walking towards her and looked at you sympathetically and said, "Hey y/n. You doing alright?"
"I'm f-fine. Can we just get going?" She knew you were lying but didn't say anything. You both agreed on going to the nearest coffee shop which was right around the corner. She opened the door for you and the bells of the door rang in your ear. You both walked slowly to the counter looking at the menu first. There were only a few things to order considering that this wasn't a well known coffee shop.
You ordered a regular coffee since you were not fully awake yet. Nat ordered the same but as her treat she got you a cookie to help you feel better.
"Y/n. You haven't talked once since we left. You can't just push down all your feelings. I know you still love Loki."
"W-what? No I don't!" You lied.
"Y/n seriously? You can't hide anything from me. Your too easy to read. I'm a spy remember?"
"I guess your right. But I can't just flat out tell him that I still like him! He'll just taunt me and laugh in that evil voice that I hate."
"I've seen the way he looks at you y/n. And how sulky he is on missions. I'm surprised he hasn't begged you to get back together a thousand times."
"You really think I should?"
"Yes! Do it!"
"You know what? I think I will! I'll go up to him today and I'll say 'Lok-" You paused as you saw who came through the door. Loki. He stood there and turned his head in all directions as if looking for something.
"What? Y/n are you okay" your hand shakily pointed at the front of the coffee shop. She gasped.
"Y/n this is your chance! Go!" She kicked your leg and you forced yourself to get up. He looked your way stopping to stare at you. He then walked towards you. He got faster. And faster. And faster until he grabbed your hands. Then everything went white.
A few seconds later you opened your eyes slowly. You looked around. You were in some sort of room. There were small paper lanterns hung from the ceiling. There were toys in every corner of the dimly lit room. You realized that you were in a child's bedroom. You turned around and saw Loki, inches away from your face and staring down at you.
"Loki, why are we in a kid's bedroom?" He put his finger up to his mouth telling you to be quiet. You were about to say something when a woman walked in carrying a little girl in her arms. She put the girl down on the tiny bed in the corner of the room and tucked her in.
"Can't we play a little longer mommy?" The little girl said in a high pitched voice.
"We can play superheroes again tomorrow sweetie. Right now it's time to go bed. Maybe you'll dream that your a real superhero! Doesn't that sound fun?" The woman said in a calming voice. The little girl crossed her arms.
"It's not the same without you and daddy." She stated in a pouty tone.
"We will be with you in your dreams Frigg. (A/N: If you get the reference I'll love you forever) Don't you worry." The woman kissed the girls forehead and walked to the door and turned off the light. A man was standing in the doorway. You couldn't get a glimpse of his face until his hands glowed a green light. It was Loki. He walked towards the girl and laid his hands softly on her forehead.
"See you in a minute Frigg." He smiled and walked out of the room. Leaving it pitch dark. You suddenly realized you were back at the coffee shop when you opened your eyes. With no time passed. You looked at Loki with small tears building up in your eyes.
"W-was that the...F-future?"
"Not just any future y/n/n."

"Our future."

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

I really enjoyed writing this so I hope you enjoyed reading it!

Remember to vote and comment!

Lots of love

-kittygx