Steve x Reader➳Casualties

Words: 874

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

It was your usual Saturday evening. You and your fellow Hydra agents were leading a heist at one of the lesser-known Shield bases. Your job was to avoid any fights or Shield agents and grab as much Shield information on file as you could.

You trudged through the snow behind other agents and hoped that there would be no fight. Ever since your parents died right in front of your eyes you wanted nothing more than to get revenge on Shield. You knew they didn't care about casualties like your parents. And when Hydra showed up looking for new agents, you signed up having nowhere else to go. But the truth was, you were scared to kill. Scared to hurt people. Because deep down you knew how it felt to lose somebody. That's why you always volunteered not to do the dirty work on missions. You didn't want another mans blood on your mind.

>Time Skip<

In the midst of all the gunfire you were locked in a room full of high tech equipment and computers. You were typing as fast as you could wanting to get out as soon as possible. As you dragged file after file into a hard drive you quickly pulled it out of the computer. Tucking it safely into your pocket you headed towards the locked door.

BOOM!

You were hurtled in the air and crashed into the wall. An explosion had gone through the door and you were terrified. Before you knew it tears were streaming down your face and you brought your knees to your chest. You rocked back and forth hoping it would all be over soon.

Just then a faint figure appeared in the middle of all the dust and rubble. They hopped over everything and made their way to the doorway. The figure was about to turn away but you sniffled your stuffy nose and they ran in your direction. It appeared to be a tall man but you couldn't make out anything else because of your dust and tear filled eyes.

"Here take it. Just take it, I don't want any trouble!" You uttered pulling out the hard drive from your pocket.

Suddenly he took your arm in his hands and examined your wounds. He put his index and middle finger in his ear and said, "I have a wounded female with me. I'm bringing her to the Helicarrier." You looked up at him feeling completely confused, "What's your name?"

"Um...Y/N? Why are you saving me? I'm a bad person. I'm with Hydra! I'm just a casualty now..." He picked you up bridal style and made his way out of the demolished building. You could see through your blurry eyes your fellow Hydra agents scattered everywhere. You winced at the thought of them being dead.

"Because I believe some people are worth saving," And just like that you were unconscious in his arms.

>Time Skip<

You opened your eyes and they were dust and tear free. You were inside a small bedroom with bland grey walls and no windows. You must've been in the Helicarrier like where the man said he was taking you.

Just then the door cracked open slightly and you moved to the corner of your bed in fear of who it might be. Your heart skipped a beat when a handsome blond male appeared in the doorway. You tilted your head slightly.

"Hey, it's ok. It's me." He emitted a familiar voice. He was the man that saved you the night before.

"Um-I-I..." you shuddered repeatedly until he came closer and sat on the corner of your bed.

"Don't freak out. Okay? It's just us in here. You have nothing to be scared of," he said making you calm down a little. You were in shock of what was happening and couldn't express your feelings.

"Why did you save me?" He glanced at you before looking down and blushing.

"I told you. Some people are worth saving. I-I just...I had a feeling about you..." he trailed off leaving the two of you in silence until he spoke up once more, "The other guys think I'm crazy for doing it,"

"The other guys?" You were confused as to who the 'other guys' were.

"Oh, yeah...I'm part of a group of superheroes called the Avengers. We save people and rid the world of evil..." you could tell he was feeling the slightest bit ashamed of saving you. But he didn't want to show it. You took your knees away from your chest and shifted so that you were beside him. You took his face in your hands and looked him directly in his blue eyes.

"What's your name?" You asked. He was startled at first but was quick to reply.

"I-Uh...Steve. Steve Rodgers," You felt tears stinging your eyes and you looked to your lap.

"Well, Steve. I-I don't want to be the bad guy anymore..." As the tears started streaming down your face he brought you to his chest squeezing you tightly.

"You don't have to be Y/N..."

You wrapped your arms around his neck and cried for what seemed like an eternity. Although you weren't embarrassed. He made you feel safe and he made you feel like you were never going to suffer ever again.

"Thank you Steve..."

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

Hey everyone...

Look I KNOW I KNOW!!! I said this would be published TWO DAYS AGO but I just couldn't write. I had no inspiration whatsoever and an extreme case of writers block.

This one shot isn't my favorite and I don't like it that much but here you go I guess...hope you enjoyed it?

Lots of love

-Kittygx