Chapter 17: Pamela!

After Poppy, Branch, and the rest landed on the ground from the intense chasing and saving Creek from Gristle, they opened the amulet and saw absolutely nothing. They gasped and Branch whispered. "I'm sorry, Poppy, but we're too late.".

"Actually... you're right on time!" Chef said and trapped them in a cage. Then she brought them in the kitchen and spoke. "Sorry, but I can't have you all leaving before tonight's feast. And when I mean all, I mean every Troll in Troll Village.".

"You'll never find them! Not where they're hiding!" Poppy said but then Chef smirked. "Oh, right, I couldn't, but I know someone they know, someone they trust. Someone... like this guy...".

She pulled out Creek from her bag, and they all celebrated. But then Branch yelled and whipped his hair at Creek's neck and started choking him. "He's selling us out!".

"Branch! I'm sure he has a reasonable explanation!" Poppy said as Creek got up. "Thank you, Poppy... I'm selling you out.".

He said as Poppy whipped her hair and started choking him. Then Branch's eyes widened as he smirked and crossed his arms. The Snack Pack pulled her back as Poppy held the bars. "Pamela was right! You had something to do with this! But you won't find her! She's a tough troll!".

"Oh, you mean... this troll?" Creek said and looked up to Chef who pulled out an injured Pamela from her bag and threw her at the table. Poppy gasped as she held the bars. "Pamela! What did they do to you?!".

"I'm sorry, Poppy... I couldn't stop them..." she said, weakly, trying to get up from her knees. But then Creek held Pamela's chin up showing them to the other trolls. "Pamela has learned too much. So we only did the logical thing to do... poor Pamela, sorry mates, but you all just have to watch her die...".

"No! Pamela! Get up!" Poppy yelled as Branch's eyes widened as he yelled. "Pamela! Get up, that's an order.".

Pamela grunted as she tried getting up, but then Creek kept her down on the floor and smirked. "Sorry, sweetie, but I can't have you running away...".

"You little idiot... I could just break your neck and divide you in pieces until your just tiny little bits!" Pamela yelled as Creek pulled her hair and whispered in her ear. "Don't ever talk to your guru like that.".

"Put Pamela down!" Poppy yelled as Creek pushed Pamela's head down as she coughed. Branch stared at Pamela, he felt sorry for her. He felt like running up to her and helping her. But he just couldn't. Then Creek grabbed Poppy's cowbell and booped her nose as they walked away with Chef. Then as they were gone, all attention was on Pamela. "Pamela! Get up! Please, don't give up!".

"I'm sorry guys... this is all my fault... I let them all get away..." Pamela said and clenched her fist. Branch gave a confident look. "Pamela, if I need anything right now, is for you to get up.".

"I-I can't... I'm weak, Branch... I'm sorry..." she said and sighed as she looked at all the bruises, scratches and a bit of... blood that was the color of a rainbow. She started losing her strength and sight, and Poppy gasped. "Pamela! Please! Get up! N-No...".

Then another Bergen chef grabbed the cage away from Pamela that was facing away from them and her eyes shut. Poppy held out her hand. "Pamela!".

"Pamela..." Branch whispered as he looked down and regretted everything he has done to Pamela. His fists clenched as he held the tears. Goodbye Pamela.