Chapter 17: True Colors

A/N

carl_nba , I am so sorry because I can't answer any messages. Every message you guys send me, I cannot reply. Wattpad seriously won't let me behaves of my email. I hope you can understand carl_nba , but I'd just like to say hi! On to the story!

Poppy looked down as she stood in the pot that was now locked in. Then Peppy found her and hugged her. "Oh, my sweet Poppy! Where's Pamela?".

"She's... dead..." Poppy said and tried to hold her tears. And so did Branch. He never wanted Pamela to die right in front of him. It felt like he just watched his grandma die all over again. And it was terrible. Then Poppy continued on. "Yup, got everyone I love thrown in a pot and got my sister dead, thanks for asking...".

"Poppy, are you being... sarcastic?" Biggie asked and Poppy turned around. "Yes!".

They all gasped and backed away as Smidge said in her deep voice. "Oh my god.".

"I'm sorry, I let everyone down. I thought I could save everyone like you did, dad. But I couldn't..." Poppy said and closed her eyes tightly. Then she kneeled down as Branch whispered. "But... Poppy...".

"You were right, Branch, the world isn't all cupcakes and rainbows." Poppy said as they all starts to lose their colors. Branch looked around, he didn't want this at all. Everything was falling into pieces, the happiest troll lost her colors, his only best friend died eggy in front of him, and they're gonna get eaten. He sighed as he knew the only solution.

"You with the sad eyes"

Poppy looked around as she saw Branch. Standing in front of Trolls that now moved aside. Branch started to slowly walk up to her.

"Don't be discouraged"

He continued singing, as he held Poppy's cheek and made her face him, gently.

"Oh, I realize,

It's hard to take courage,

In a world full of people,

You can lose sight of it all,

The darkness inside you,

Can make you feel so small"

He sang as Poppy's hug bracelet went off. Branch opened his arms with a small smile, but then Poppy covered her bracelet and looked away. Branch put his arms down as he saw the other's hug bracelets going off, too. He held Poppy's hands and lifted her up.

"Show me a smile then,

Don't be unhappy,

Can't remember when,

I last saw you laughing,

This world makes you crazy,

And you e taken all you can bear,

You call me up,

'Cause I will always be there,

And I see your true colors shining through"

He sang as a pink shade went up to Poppy's toes to her hair. Poppy's eyes widened as she looked at her hands and Branch continued to sing.

"I see your true colors,

And that's why I love you"

She turned around and smiled. Then they both held hands as a blue and bright light went up though Branch's body as Poppy sang along.

"So don't be afraid to let them show,

Your true colors,

True colors are beautiful,

I see your true colors,

Shining through,

I see your true colors,

And that's why I love you,

So don't be afraid to let them show,

Your true colors,

True colors are beautiful,

Like a rainbow,

Ooh, ooh, ooh,

Like a rainbow..."

Poppy and Branch sang as Cooper played a harmonica. They all gathered around with their colors back to normal. Then Branch and Poppy hug. "Thank you...".

"No, thank you." Branch said as Poppy asked. "For what?".

"For showing me how to be... happy." Branch said and shrugged his shoulders as Poppy backed away. "Really? You're finally happy? Now?".

"I guess so. Happiness is inside of all of us, right? Sometimes, you just need someone to help you find it..." Branch said as Poppy and Branch smiled. Then a little troll asked Poppy what were they were gonna do. Then Poppy replied happily as she facd Branch with a smile. Suddenly, the ground shook as they gathered around and saw the pot opening.