16.) Get it Done

"I heard some of the things that you said when you thought you were alone..." Alexander confessed.

I closed my eyes. "I don't want to hear it." I whispered in reply.

His expression turned sad. "I want to help you, Alex. Let me in?" He pleaded

"I don't need help, " I argued, shaking my head in irritation. "Can you stop with that? I mean, I know you have good intentions and all, but I barley know you dude. You can't expect me to just, I don't know, spill out all my problems. I'm not that type of person; I don't even know how to talk to my family."

Alexander bit his lip and slowly nodded, his face unreadable. "I'm sorry," he said after a long moment. "I just-... I know, I tend to pry a lot. But seeing people sad makes me sad. I know what it feels like to be suffering, and if I see someone else like that... I don't know."

"Hey," I tried to put on a convincing smile. "Who sad I was suffering-"

Alexander gave me a look before I could even finish my sentence. "Alex, I heard some of the things you said. And no happy person gets drunk in a field by themselves and yells at the sky." He sighed. "While we were talking, I could just see hurt in your eyes. You didn't genuinely smile once."

"We weren't exactly having a pleasant conversation." I pointed out. When Alexander didn't look satisfied, I cracked my knuckles and said, "Look, I may have some problems, but I'm not suffering." That was obviously a lie, but I figured lying would be the quickest way to ease his nerves.

I watched a couple walk in front of us, their silhouettes outlined under the street light. I kept staring at them as I continued talking, my voice sounding dreamy and far-off. "I'm just going through shit right now. I'll get through it, I always do..." That was the first hopeful thing I told myself since I moved away from Brooklyn.

I could feel Alexander's eyes on me, but I didn't turn to meet them; I didn't want to see his skeptical gaze. Instead, I remained focused on the couple in front of me. Now that we were getting closer to one another, I noticed a few of their features. The male was wearing baggy sweatpants and no shirt, and the female's hair flowed in the wind. I heard their voices, but couldn't make out what they were saying to each other.

"I hope you're right, Alex." Alexander finally said.

We were about to pass the couple. The male had his head down but the girl seemed to be staring at me. When we were closer, I recognized her cold blue eyes--she was the girl who jumped me on my first night.

I stormed over to her, ignoring everything else. "You're that weird ass hoe that got your fuckin' bitches to jump me." I seethed.

The girl blared her teeth at me. "Yeah bitch you want some more?"

"Alex!" I heard two male voices yell. I knew one was Alexander, but I was shocked to realize that the other one was Marshall.

It only took me a moment to comprehend what was going on, and when I did, I socked his girl clear in the fucking nose.

She stumbled back and held her bleeding nose. I went to punch her again, but she dodged me. Before I could do anymore damage, I felt two different sets of arms wrap around my shoulder and torso.

I struggled against them, trashing around like a crazed animal. "Let go of me! Marshall, you're fucking weird as shit! I'm sorry we even fuckin' talked!"

"Like you're so innocent," I heard him growl in my ear. "Who the fuck is this?!"

"He was walking me home, you dumbfuck! Fuck are you doin' walking around with no shirt in October?! You're weird as fuck, let me go!"

"Naw, you really think I'm that fucking stupid?! All you fuckin' bitches are the same I can't stand it!"

Marshall finally let go of me and shoved Alexander. "Who the fuck are you, pussy?!"

Alexander rose his chin. "Get the fuck outta my face 'fore-"

"You think I'm scared of you?!"

While they were yellling at each other, I took the opportunity to seek revenge and marched back over to Kim, who was holding her shirt up to her nose. "I'm no fuckin' done with you, bitch." I snapped.

She looked at me, but only for a moment before I hit her in the head with my grocery bag.

The bag broke. Food and household necessities scattered everywhere. Kim was on the ground whimpering, and I was about to stomp on her stupid blonde head when someone grabbed my hand.

"It's time to go." Alexander hissed.

"Kim! Oh, shit! Can you get up?" Marshall went to her aid.

I tried to spit on him. "I hate you, Marshall!" I screamed as Alexander dragged me down the road. "Go fuck yourself!"

"Piss of, Alex!" Marshall retorted. "Next time you try to kill yourself, actually get it done."

Ouch. That hurt. I didn't have anymore insults to hurl back at him; his reply took away all my energy. Marshall must of realized how harsh his words actually were because his face softened with regret. "Wait, Alex!"

Alexander pulled me under his arm. "Fuck that dude," he growled, his voice practically trembling with rage. "Fuck him, Alex. He's a fucking-"

"Can you stop?" I snapped. "Lets just walk, okay?"

Alexander pressed his lips together and nodded. Together, we walked into the night silently.