50.) Lets Go Home

I stumbled back, dazed from the punch she just threw. Though I could easily regain my composer and straighten up with a stern expression, tempting the heavy girl for more. "You just made the biggest-"

Alicia shoved me out of the way and stood in my place. "Yo, you big bitch!" She exclaimed. "Who the fuck are you? And who the fuck you think you are throwin' hands at my party? Yo, you're disrespectin' bitch if you think-"

"Shut up, hoe."

That did it.

Alicia's upper lip curled into a vicious sneer as she took another two bold steps forward. The fat girl that punched me backed up anxiously, struggling to keep a tough expression as her face rained with sweat. "Who the fuck do you think you are?"

At that moment, I was scared of Alicia. Despite the fact that she was two full inches shorter than me, and despite the fact that her upper arm was as big as my thigh. She got into the big bitches's face and started taking crazy. It wasn't until Alicia started throwing punches when I took my place back in front of the fat girl. "Yo Alicia, this is my fight-"

"Hoe, shut the fuck up!" Alicia screeched at me, shoving me a few steps back. "You're lucky I don't fight you, too!"

"Bitch-" I started, but I couldn't finish before Bree grabbed my hand.

"Can we go?" She whispered nervously, her eyes watering with tears.

I cocked an eyebrow. "Are you serious? I have to-"

Alicia and the fat bitch got into a full on brawl.

Alicia threw the first punch, and before the big bitch could reply all the guys began swinging at one another. A huge fight broke out, but before I could participate Bree grabbed my elbow and pulled me out the door.

When she slammed the door closed and led the way down the hallway, I began to whine. "C'mon Bree, I'm not even drunk yet."

"What just happened?!" She exclaimed, still rushing down the stairs to get to the lobby. "I was talking to Roxanne, when-when-"

"Will you please stop running?" I complained, trying to take off my shoes while running down a flight of stairs. "It's all cool. No one got hurt."

"Alex, your eye is swollen!" Bree cried.

I hadn't noticed. I brought a few tentative fingers to my left eye only to wince back in a stinging pain. She was right, but in my eyes she was overreacting much more than she needed to. It was only a bruised eye, she was acting like it was a broken spine.

I shook my head as Bree pushed open the wide glass doors that exited out of the lobby. "Bree, stop." I ordered, standing my place in front of the apartment complex.

Bree whimpered in distress. "Alex, this is awful. What if-"

"This is what happens when a lot of drunk people stand in a small room together." I groaned, rolling my eyes and wishing desperately that I had a smoke. "Fights happen. No one will get hurt-"

"How do you know?" Bree exclaimed, glaring at me while tears streamed down her cheeks. "Alex, your eye-"

"Jesus Christ, will you fucking chill?" I glared down at her.

Bree winced back, and a sob shook her being. "I wanna go home." She whispered.

"We'll go to the bus now." I muttered, beginning our mile block to the nearest bus stop. "We'll be home in twenty-"

"I wanna be back in New York." Bree cried. Tears slipped down her chin, wetting the black shirt she stole from me. I stared at the pool of tears on the fabric stretching over her breast. "Alex, I hate it here."

"I do, too." I replied sternly, now glaring at the younger girl. "But I fucking tough it out and realize that it's a hell of a lot better than where I came from."

She didn't reply. She just cried to herself.

I bent down and wiped the water that was dripping from her eyes. "Bree, please calm down." I whispered.

"I can't." She sobbed, shaking her head lightly as her body shook with bitter emotions.

I hugged her shoulders. "Bree, I am sorry." 

She froze, and before long she crumbled to the sidewalk below us. "I feel so awful, Alex." She confided in a low voice, like she was afraid someone was listening.

I lowered down and pressed her face into my chest. "I do too, Bree." I murmured into her dark hair, burying my face in the crown of her head. "But it will get better."

Bree was silent as she sobbed into me. I held her closer, rubbing her back as I prayed that she would calm down.

After what felt like hours sitting on the sidewalk, Bree stopped crying and sniffed. "I want to see Claire," she complained in a low voice, staring at nothing but the dark abyss in front of us. Streetlights didn't do much to brighten the sinister, cracked streets that laid down before us.

I kissed her forehead. "Let's go home." I muttered.