31.) I Shot Her

"So, we pregaming or..?!" Marshall demanded, slipping a black backpack off his shoulder.

I was still stunned. "Dude...what did you do? Who's Slim Shady?"

Marshall glanced at me as he opened a Colt 45. "My alter ego," he explained, taking a swig. "Thought you knew that."

"You dressed up as your own alter ego?"

"Yeah?" Marshall blinked at me.

"How narcissistic can a person get?"

Behind me, Alexander was stifling back chuckles. Marshall scowled and flipped me off. "You say to show up in costume, and then you insult me." He shook his head. "Where's your costume?"

"Putting it on right now," I replied, grinning. "Wanna watch?"

Marshall eyed Alexander suspiciously, who busied himself with his tools. Marshall walked over, moved the coffee table, and sat down on the floor in front of us.

I clipped my bangs back and smiled at Alexander. "Ready?"

He nodded enthusiastically and began rubbing something cold on my forehead. "Stay still."

Marshall was watching us in wonder. "Yo, what's he doin'?"

"Helping me with my Halloween costume." I replied. "What should I wear?"

"Something casual, but with a little blood." Marshall suggested.

"I can add splatters." Alexander added, looking completely focused on his work. "That's not hard."

"Hey, could actually borrow some of that fake blood?"

Alexander pressed his lips together and hesitated, but he eventually nodded. Marshall snatched a red bottle from Alexander's backpack and darted to the bathroom.

"He better not take a lot," Alexander grumbled.

"Knowing him, he's probably gonna drench himself."

Though, apparently I was wrong. When Marshall returned, he had a few simple drops of blood on his face and t-shirt. "I'm gonna be the person who shot you." He explained.

I scoffed. "Oh great."

Alexander's lips pulled up in amusement. "Where are you guys going?" He wondered.

"Dave Warner's house." Marshall answered, fixing his hair in his reflection in the TV. "You know him?"

"I've might've seen him around." He shrugged.

"What're you doin' tonight, Alex?" I wondered, smiling at his nickname.

He returned my smile with one of his own. "I think I'm going over a friend's house. We're gonna get drunk."

"That's what I like to hear." Marshall chimed in.

I laughed. "Drink a bottle for me."

Alexander smirked. "Don't gotta tell me twice."

It was passed nightfall when Alexander finished. Marshall made it a sport to scare away any trick-or-treaters that came to the door; I tried to stop him at first, but he seemed like he was having way too much fun. When I said it was time to leave, he actually looked a bit disappointed.

"Don't you wanna add any last finishing touches?" He asked desperately.

"No." I turned towards Alexander and grinned. "That you so much."

He stared fondly at the bullet hole he created. It actually did look realistic, with blood dripping down my face and onto shirt like it happened recently. "No thank you."

I took a step forward to give him a hug, but he took a step back. "I'd love to, but I don't wanna mess anything up. Be careful, okay?"

"Promise."

All three of us walked out the door. I noticed Deshaun was waiting in front of the house in his car. I rose an eyebrow. "Was he always here?"

"Nah, he probably just got here, or else he would've honked 'nd shit." Marshall walked towards the car.

I gave Alexander one last smile. "It was fun."

"I'll see you later." He promised, winking at me before walking down the street. I stared at him until he vanished into the darkness.

Someone slammed on the horn. I jumped and rushed to the car. "Yo who honked?!" I demanded.

"You were taking too slow!" Marshall complained.

I rolled my eyes. "Fuckin' impatient ass."

He grinned at me.

"Yo Alex, fuck's on your face?" Deshaun asked, trying to get a good look at me from the interior mirror.

"I got shot!"

"I shot her." Marshall added.

Deshaun playfully rolled his eyes and snorted. "Yo ya'll booin' with matching costumes and shit."

"Yeah, we are." Marshall agreed, grinning. "We planned this, right Alex?"

"Shut the fuck up, Blondie. You decided that after you saw my makeup."

Deshaun laugh. "She called you Blondie!"

Marshall ran his hand through his hair. "Ya'll love it."

"It looks like shit."

"Fuck you, Doody!" Marshall shouted. "This is the beginning. I'm about my game now. I'm a rapper."

"You look like a cartoon character."

Marshall flipped Deshaun off as I laughed in the backseat.

I wasn't sure how much time had passed until we were in the rich, reserved area of town with big houses cut off from the rest of the world with huge gates. Fortunately for us, since it was Halloween, they left those big gates open. Deshaun drove inside and parked deep in the neighborhood of mansion.