49.) Party

a/n

hey guys! so i have some news, me and @skilliy have been working on a fic together for some time now and it finally got published! it's on her profile, and it's called Slim Slater. it's p dope so i def recommend checking it out. ;)

"You wanna come?" I didn't mean to sound as surprised as I did, and it was obvious that Bree was offended by my tone. I shook my head, blushing at my reflection in the bathroom mirror as I pushed a hoop through my ear. "I'm sorry, I just-"

"Alicia invited me too, right?" Bree asked slowly, perking up an eyebrow. "Why wouldn't I wanna go?" 

I peered at her in the mirror. "I dunno, I didn't know you really liked that stuff...." I analyzed my makeup one more final time, searching for any sign of imperfection. "I mean, you're always on my ass about everything-" 

"Hey, that's not fair!" Bree exclaimed, glaring. "Are you gonna keep giving me crap about the Marshall thing? Look, I already told you that I'm just looking out for you." 

Her words pissed me off, but I tried to keep my expression straight. "I don't know, Bree. You're pretty young-" 

"I'm only two years younger than you." Bree snapped, crossing her arms over her chest. 

"Bree," I started, turning around to face her with a hand on my hip. "You just smoked for the first time last week. What would you even wanna do?" 

"It'll be nice to talk to people and make more friends." She grumbled in return. 

I sighed and brushed my fingers through my black hair. "Okay, whatever. You can come if you want." 

Bree gave me a lopsided smile. "I promise I wont embarrass you," she joked. 

I playfully rolled my eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Go get changed." 

Bree grinned as she rushed down the hall to our bedroom. I sighed and made my way to the kitchen. In the living room, Claire was sitting on the couch watching Seinfeld with a wineglass in her hand and a bong at her feet. When she saw me in my tight black mini skirt, she rose an eyebrow. "Why do you look like a hooker?" 

I scoffed as I grabbed a wineglass from the cabinet. "You're rude." 

"I'm serious," Claire continued, sitting up. "And what do you think you're doing?" 

"Getting a much needed drink." I answered, pouring some of the red wine that was left on the counter. "Bree's coming out with me." 

Claire gave me a look. "What're you talking about?" 

"We were invited to a Christmas party," I explained briefly, taking a short sip of my wine as I watched Kramer and Jerry have a spat on the TV. "She's excited about it." 

Claire rolled her eyes and slumped back into the cushions. "You damn kids." 

I grunted in agreement, taking another sip. "I'll make sure to keep an eye on her." I said in a short, low voice. 

Claire snorted. "Sounds like you're dreading it."  

I downed the rest of the wine in one gulp. Unladylike, I'll admit, but it gave me the buzz I needed to start this evening. "Would it be bad to say I kinda am?" I admitted sheepishly, drawn back to the red wine bottle like a fly attracted to light. "I don't wanna be a babysitter tonight, I wanna be able to have fun."

"If you're gonna drink, don't chug my wine." Claire spat. "It's the one thing I spoil myself with. I have Miller Lights in the fridge if you need one." 

"I'm fine," I grumbled, placing the wineglass beside the bottle. "I'll drink at the party." 

Bree trotted from the hallway, dressed in one of my black tight low cut long sleeves and skinny jeans. "Hope you don't mind that I borrowed one of your shirts." 

I suddenly regretted rushing through that glass of wine. "It's cool, you ready?" 

She nodded, her eyes bright and enthusiastic. "Yes!" 

* * * 

"Alex!" Alicia boomed, a wide grin on her face as she pranced to me with two red cups in her hands. I could hear the party as soon as we got to her apartment building. Inside, with the music blaring and the sound of multiple voices shouting to speak to each other left me wondering how she hadn't gotten a noise complaint already. 

Alicia wrapped her arms around my neck, whatever was in her drink spilling down the back of my neck due to her sloppy movements. I bit back a grimace. "Told you I was." 

She stumbled back a few steps and shoved one of the plastic cups into my chest. "This is for you," she drank from the remaining cup in her hand. "And this is for me." 

"I'm guessing that's not your first one," I chuckled. 

A cheeky grin was plastered on her face. "Aww, I missed you, you bitch!" She leaned forward to kiss my cheek. 

Beside me, Bree started laughing. "Hey, Alicia." 

"Hi, Bree! You want a drink?" 

Bree looked at me like she was waiting for my permission. I shrugged. "Uh, yeah. Can I?" 

Alicia smiled before wandering off into the party. "She's probably not gonna come back," I said, glancing around. "C'mon, you can have this. I'm gonna see if they have bottles." 

Bree took my red solo cup and followed me as we made our way passed the chaotic crowd and to the kitchen. There, a case of High Life's were dumped in a cooler sitting on a marble island. I grabbed one of the glass bottles and popped off the cap. 

"I love your shirt!" I heard someone gush behind me. 

I turned around to find someone standing in front of Bree. She had cherry red hair and coffee skin. Bree was blushing as the red head inspected the shirt; I smirked at Bree and patted her shoulder. "I'm going over to the balcony for a smoke. Have fun!" 

Bree smiled in reply before talking to her new friend. I walked to the glass sliding doors with a smile on my face. 

Though, the smile flew from my lips when someone's back bumped into me, causing me to spill my beer all over my chest. I pushed the husky girl away and shouted, "Watch it, bitch!" 

The girl turned around. She was fat and towered over me, with biceps bigger than Marshall's and a stomach that stretched way passed her waistline. She glared at me and rose a brow. "I know you ain't talkin' to me like that, anorexic bitch." 

I sneered at her and shoved her shoulder. "Damn right I am. What? Think I'm fuckin' scared of some obese bitch? Fuck you gonna do? Sit on me?" 

A circle formed around with Bree upfront, staring at me with frighten eyes--it dawned on me that she probably never saw a real fight before. I ignored her and reared my attention back towards the girl. 

She was glowering down at me, eyes wide with rage. "Yo you got one more fuckin' chance before I-" 

"What? Hit me? C'mon bitch, do it! I'm not fuckin' scared! Do it-" 

That's when she punched me in the eye. 

a/n 

this just in: alex doesnt know when to stfu. also ik this is shitty and short and just all around bluuuhhhhhhhh but i was kinda stumped with this story, so i just kinda pulled something outta my ass. sorrynotsorry